cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme with 4 Rams

DEATHROW
Level 8

2 Years ago, i read something about that some Motherboards don't like 4 DDR5 Rams's attached.
I think the Problem already exists, today i attached 2 more (same Model) Ram's in my PC and the System won't boot up.
I'm on Bios ROG-MAXIMUS-Z690-EXTREME-ASUS-2703.
Is there a Fix for this Problem.

6 REPLIES 6

Nate152

Hello DEATHROW

Never combine memory kits, even of the same specs. Doing so will result in stability issues or system failure as you're experiencing.

Best thing to do is remove a memory kit, install one memory kit in the A2-B2 memory slots. (2nd and 4th slots from the cpu)

DEATHROW
Level 8

Hi Nate,
so it's generally not recommed to use 4 Rams?
Thats new to me.

I mean on older Motherboards with Dual Core CPU's i never had Problems to install 4 Rams.

Hi @DEATHROW 

That's not what @Nate152 said at all. Memory kits are binned by the memory vendor in the density in which they sold. Once you combine two kits, the validated voltage, timings and frequency within the memory kit XMP memory profile are no longer valid.

For more information please see here

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

DEATHROW
Level 8

Thank you both, i think i understand.

Since the Implantation of XMP it's no more recommend to use 2 Ram Kits.

Nate152

Correct.

X.M.P. is out the window when combining memory kits. Plus, four sticks puts more strain on the cpu's memory controller.

You may get all four sticks to work, but you'll have to settle for a much lower frequency.

Manual tuning of the voltages and frequency will be required.

Vynra
Level 12

what they are trying to say is get a ram kit that is made for 4 sticks of ram. do not buy 2 sets of 2 packages of ram and put them together.