cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Prime Z690-P WIFI issues

Dinooo
Level 7
Hello.
I would like to get some help and/or feedback from people with the same motherboard.
Since I upgraded to the Z690 I'm having only issues. I'm running the Asus Prime Z690-P WIFI with a i9-12900k, Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5, RTX 3090 and EVGA 1000W.
Since I've build the PC, it was an unstable mess. For 14 days I was getting several BSODs per day, every game/benchmark crashed. I tried flashing BIOS to the newest version (It hurts my head so much that all the ASUS MBs have a newer BIOSes and the Prime still has a month old... If I knew they don't care about these series I would wait till I can't find the ROG Maximus.) The newest BIOS introduced BSODs even on a lockscreen and I was not able to do anything, so flashing back was the go to move.
The BSODs and crashing was still a problem, until I swapped RAMs from 2-4 to 1-3 slots and lowered the freq to 4000Mhz. I don't know if its RAM issue or the MB, but I think that it is very unlikely BOTH stick would work only on 4000Mhz, as I did memtest with the sticks individually and both failed.

Next thing. After the build, I connected all peripherals as I had in my old setup. After something around 2 hours, my mouse that was connected through a USB extender suddenly disconnected and after reconnecting it gives me a windows error that USB Device was not recognized CODE 43. The next day, same happened to keyboard, that was also connected via extender. I tried pluging it into a notebook I have and it works flawlessly. Right now, only ports that work with extenders are FRONT USB2.0... I did a fresh install of Windows, reinstalled all USB drivers, tried 3 other cables, nothing helped. Weirdly tho, if I connect a random cheap USB hub to any USB port and plug the extender into the hub, it works.
Next thing that happens randomly is disconnecting of USBs. Sometimes, one of the USB devices disconnects for a second, causing something I feel like resets ports on MB, because even my Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT ramps up fans to max RPM, like if AIO_PUMP header lost connection, the software couldn't control it so it ramps up to max RPM.

Does anyone have similar issues as me? I'm honestly thinking about selling the motherboard and buying a different one, if there will not be BIOS updates, that fix things soon.
3 REPLIES 3

Dinooo
Level 7
One thing i forgot, when the USB disconnects happen, I hear stutter in headphones connected in jack. I would describe it as if you slowly plug out the jack and you hear the crackling audio. Maybe some electricity issues coming from motherboard?

I see we are the only two to have bought this motherboard i guess .. even I have problems even if different from yours.
I have 5 seconds of delay when I press the power button. Sometimes the keyboard is not recognized. For the rest I'm not complaining ..
I have the aio like yours and I connected it to the fan cpu and set it to max and not to aio pump because it doesn't work for me .. for the rest I don't know how to help you I'm sorry. I very much hope that we will receive some bios updates. But in your case I suggest you do rma.

Entiszzot wrote:
I see we are the only two to have bought this motherboard i guess .. even I have problems even if different from yours.
I have 5 seconds of delay when I press the power button. Sometimes the keyboard is not recognized. For the rest I'm not complaining ..
I have the aio like yours and I connected it to the fan cpu and set it to max and not to aio pump because it doesn't work for me .. for the rest I don't know how to help you I'm sorry. I very much hope that we will receive some bios updates. But in your case I suggest you do rma.

I already RMA'd it and bought a different one. New works flawlessly except the USBs, those were caused by a bad cable.