cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus Hero Z690 long POST due to DDR5 Training

zackvirus
Level 7
Hi,

I have an issue with my Asus Z690 Hero regarding the time that it takes before it shows the Asus First Logo on the screen. When I press the Case Start button it takes 12-15 Sec to show Asus Logo on the screen, then 23Sec to Windows 11 Login window, so in total it takes 35Sec to get to the Windows Login Screen. This is unusual regarding all the motherboards that I had before, and after research I found out that this problem is related to the DDR5 Memory training and there is many users that I found out with same motherboard facing the same issue. Until now there is no Bios update to fix this problem.

I have a friend that he had the same issue with the Motherboard Asus X670, but he found out an option in the bios called "Memory context restore" under DRAM Timing Control that avoid the memory retraining each time and store the data of the first training, and like this his POST time passed from 13 Sec to 2 Sec, but the problem is that option does not exist on the BIOS of the Z690 Hero, so I wonder why Asus did not add this option to the Z690 Hero BIOS ?

I'm wondering also if Asus will plan to add this feature through a BIOS update for the Z690 Hero?

Regards.
Zak

My Setup:

Processor : i9 12900K
Mother Board : ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
DOMINATOR® PLATINUM RGB 32GB DDR5 5600 MHZ XMP
Processor Cooler : ROG RYUJIN II 360
NVME : CORSAIR MP600 PRO XT Gen4 1TB
Graphic Card : Asus Strix RTX 3080 10Go
Display Monitors : Alienware AW2721D 240Hz
Power Supply : EVGA G3 1000W 80+
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Memory Context Restore is the AMD terminology for what's otherwise known as Fast Boot. This will bypass memory training routines on a warm restart or power on, reducing POST times. You can locate this by using the search function available from the top of the UEFI page.

Please be aware that if enabling XMP or adjusting memory parameters, you should check that the memory is stable before enabling Fast Boot.

You can do so with Karhu RAM Test, or Test Mem 5 (TM5)
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Lugenz
Level 7

You can fix this? i have exact the same problem!!