cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate update makes it useless

Drayco31
Level 11
Loaded Armoury crate. Says theres an update. Click to to update. Takes ages. Using Taskmanger CPU peaks at 1.7% for armoury crate. Everything else is Idle. I have a Gen 4 Nvme and a 12700K and 500mb DL speeds. Why the hell is it so damn slow?

Finally finishes and click to launch and I'm told theres an updated version. Why update ot an older version? If the previous needs installing before the next install ALL of them when users click to update!

App version 5.2.12.0
Now onto the main issue.
FanXpert wont load. Have the loading and circles but thats it. CPU between 0% and 0.6%. Wait for a long time and I get an error . Will link if I can figure out how.

Least before when I first selected FanXpert and it was slow I could close it and load it again and it'd be done within a few seconds. Now I can't even do that, No matter how many times I close/open Armoury crate FanXpert won't load.

Some of the drivers show the latest being older than what I have installed. Not that it showed the latest anyway but it not even there.

Bios no longer visible either

I'd say screw it and just uninstall but that often = my fans change speed once I reboot. The backup process doesn't backup my fan profiles which makes it useless. Saving my Fan profiles in FanXpert is essentially useless as they aren't even there to load after the Armoury crate app is removed and reinstalled and despite me mentioning it back in December we cannot access the save files to manually backup nor can we save them locally.

Why must ever update BREAK other stuff? Fix the stuff and improve stuff. Guess I return to setting fan speeds in Bios. Until I need to update that and then have to redo fan profiles there to since Updating wipes even them.
16 REPLIES 16

Nate152 wrote:
Hi alexyenov,

The freezing could be a sign of instability, try resetting the bios to default settings and try Fan Xpert4 again.

It's not clear at all, where does the instability?
I was fine with the previous version of Armory Crate.
Is it possible to install an older version?

Nate152
You could use the Armoury Crate uninstall tool and reinstall Armoury Crate to see if this fixes the problem.

Select your operating system then click See all downloads in blue, it's the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Once uninstalled, install Armoury Crate version 3.2.2.3, go to the update center and run all the updates.

How does it go after this?

Nate152 wrote:
You could use the Armoury Crate uninstall tool and reinstall Armoury Crate to see if this fixes the problem.

Select your operating system then click See all downloads in blue, it's the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Once uninstalled, install Armoury Crate version 3.2.2.3, go to the update center and run all the updates.

How does it go after this?

I already did it, I described the details (with screenshots) in my post: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?129989-Armoury-Crate-update-makes-it-useless#post869236

I installed this version:

Nate152

Drayco31
Level 11
@alexyenov

1. Get an old version (no idea where from as like most places nowadays they removed the STABLE version from download page)
2. Uninstall Armoury Crate
3. Install old version and problem solved

I still had installer for 3.1.4.0 and things are fine, this time. Last time I update this. F's me off when companies remove old STABLE versions from download after their new and improve buggy **** screws up things up. They blame everything else but their own software when it's the software updating that causes the bloody issue.

I will share my experience and how it was solved.

I had the same problem and noticed that WIN11 had updated the NET FRAMEWORK.
It was always on the "loading" screen.

I restarted the PC......I went to the AC user tab and saw that it was logged out. I logged in again.

I restarted the PC....now the FAN EXPERT page appeared but with the completely wrong fan settings.

I clicked on Auto-Tuning and after finishing I configured it again for my use (lucky I had already saved all the previous screens - screen capture)

Now everything is back to normal

TZero wrote:

I clicked on Auto-Tuning and after finishing I configured it again for my use (lucky I had already saved all the previous screens - screen capture)

Shouldn't need to redo Fan curves whether repeating the auto tune or not though. Supposed to have saved them so should remain in your fan profiles as an option to load. Even if you don't save a single profile the backup/restore from User Center should be backing them up anyway. I've complained about this since I first got this board in December.

1. What good is a backup if 1 when you manually backup and give it a name even the name is not saved.
2. When you do a restore you see the motherboard listed, twice, no date/time or the name from the backup you just named. No idea which you want to restore. Like having 2 plain white CDs with the exact same writing on it
3. When you save 1+ fan profiles why the hell do they not get backed up by the main backup function?
4. Why can't we overwrite a previous Fan profile? Make a tiny tweak and have to give it a new name. Can't even see the previous 1 or 100 profiles so you don't name it the same.
5. Since Saving and using backup doesn't save the profiles why can't we save them locallly and back them up outselves...Do it old school.

Next time I do a Bios update I'll try setting fancurves in Bios again. If they actually change like they should I'll be uninstalling Armoury crate. Only reason it's installed is for the fans. Oh and I wouldn't have installed it if it wasn't for the The network needs a driver installed so you can access the internet, do you want to install Armoury crate to do that. Ridiculous telling me I need a driver installed to access the internet to download the driver.

Yes I'm using Win 10 cause 11 is just.......I'll wait till 25 and then maybe hop on 12 instead. Don't see why I can't login to my microsoft account when installing 10 on this board. Have to do all the select different security questions, answers and all that rubbish and then confirm it as my account once I get Win10 loaded.