cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any success with Windows 11 22H2?

rsnelson
Level 9
Has anyone had luck updating or installing Windows 11 22H2 yet on Z690 Hero systems? For a few days, Windows Update showed 22H2 was an option. Attempts to update however failed after about 8% in. Now, all I see in Windows Update is Coming soon: Windows 11, version 22H2. No information is provided about any specific safeguards which would be preventing this from occurring.

The system firmware is completely up to date right now with 2004 BIOS and ME. All latest drivers are also updated as of today.

Of all the ASUS software, I only plan on installing Crate and this is just to control Aura lighting.

I need to re-install the OS anyway and I am half tempted to see what happens with 22H2. But would like to know what others have run into on this. Or is it just best to reinstall the original Windows 11 and wait until Asus gives the green light?
31 REPLIES 31

Razer68
Level 10
rsnelson wrote:
Has anyone had luck updating or installing Windows 11 22H2 yet on Z690 Hero systems? For a few days, Windows Update showed 22H2 was an option. Attempts to update however failed after about 8% in. Now, all I see in Windows Update is Coming soon: Windows 11, version 22H2. No information is provided about any specific safeguards which would be preventing this from occurring.

The system firmware is completely up to date right now with 2004 BIOS and ME. All latest drivers are also updated as of today.

Of all the ASUS software, I only plan on installing Crate and this is just to control Aura lighting.

I need to re-install the OS anyway and I am half tempted to see what happens with 22H2. But would like to know what others have run into on this. Or is it just best to reinstall the original Windows 11 and wait until Asus gives the green light?

I had the same issue that it was not possible to update Windows 11 22H2 but I did this by uninstalling GeForce Experience and the drivers and then it was possible to install Windows 11 22H2
it seems that nvidia's drivers are the problem.
Every gamer has suffered from small-screen videos

Just want to confirm. Multiple Event Errors 1108 & 6155 on wiped HD with fresh 22h2 installed from Windows Media Creation Tool from MS website. Errors appear immediately after install and first boot. This is before loading any drivers whatsoever. So issue is with Windows 11 and not drivers. Tried (2) ways to install. (1) Connected to internet first and formatted drive and let Microsoft load all its bloatware, Auto update, and logged into my Microsoft User Account. This wasn't any better than (2) Disconnect from internet before installing OS. Use Shift F10 at "Let's Connect you to a Network" and type OOBE\BYPASSNRO at the Command Prompt to allow the OS to 'skip' connecting to a network and auto installing and updating anything. (Out of Box Experience) Then Load all of the correct drivers from MoKiChU driver pages and set up a Local Account instead of using a Microsoft Account. This was a much cleaner install and the preferred way but the multiple 1108 & 6155 errors still show. It's a Windows 11 thing and supposedly already fixed in a DEVELOPER update. It's just not available to the public yet.