cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Board Another failed XMP Profile ASUS Z690 wifi gaming e (ddr5)-

howell
Level 7
So my issue is simply that my ASUS Z690 wifi gaming e board will not boot on any XMP profile. It will not run on any of the other provided JDEC options either. The only way I can get a boot on it is to turn off XMP and set the ram speed to auto. That boots up the computer propertly, but it locks in my memory at 4000mghz and thats all I can get. Pretty frustrating when you spend all this extra money on a board with so many features and a high spec DDR5 (at the moment) ram from a reliable mfg.

This is my memory kit.
https://www.amazon.com/G-Skill-Trident-PC5-44800-CL36-36-36-76-F5-5600U3636C16GA2-TZ5K/dp/B09MXKJ2BS...

Any suggestions?
15 REPLIES 15

ShannyMan
Level 7
How many sticks do you have? I have a thread here where I have four sticks of the same RAM (mine is RGB) and I'm unable to get it working using the XMP profiles. The most recent reply says that 4x16GB at 6,000 isn't possible. I've also struggled with other settings to have it stable.

Maybe check out my thread about the DDR5 problems...

--> I am also running a pair of the G.Skill 5600 RGB but the CL40 version. Trying to boot these below CL40 don't work. -> So what's a problem for me might just be the solution for you. Try setting the CL40 timings manually. 😉

I'm experiencing the same issues on any XMP setting with Corsair Dominator DDR5 5600 Ram with my Asus Z690 Apex board. Running stock JEDEC settings are stable.

The latest bios revision (0811) for the Apex has not resolved the issue.

I think it is likely a BIOS issue , and unstable BSOD's from XMP settings appear to be happening across all board and memory manufacturers (even with DDR4 memory). I believe the XMP profiles are setting the wrong timings causing random and different BSODs. When I have tried to change the timings manually the board reverts and/or refuses to accept the "standard" XMP timings.

Grateful for ASUS to weigh in on these issues. XMP is a widely accepted and adopted standard and these issues should have been resolved two months after launch.

ShannyMan wrote:
How many sticks do you have? I have a thread here where I have four sticks of the same RAM (mine is RGB) and I'm unable to get it working using the XMP profiles. The most recent reply says that 4x16GB at 6,000 isn't possible. I've also struggled with other settings to have it stable.

I am only using the 2 sticks that come with the kit, which is rated at 5600. Not trying anything fancy. For the price I paid for this motherboard, all I should have to do is plug in the memory, turn on the XMP profile and have a nice day.

100% , I've been building computers for 25 years plus and never had issues related to XMP profiles. Always been set and forget.

Tactical Donut wrote:
100% , I've been building computers for 25 years plus and never had issues related to XMP profiles. Always been set and forget.

Well I have generally always had to make tweaks to DIMM voltages to get things stable using XMP Profiles.....in some cases I have found it wont even post unless applying a little more voltage....I have been building custom gaming pc's since 2005,,,water cooled custom since 2014, I honestly cant recall when I first started utilizing XMP Profiles....

TZero
Level 7
I had a Corsair 5200 memory game that had the same problem.
I switched to TeamGroup 6200 and did the following:

1) I started by loading the BIOS (811) optimized settings (default)

2) I entered the SEARCH menu and wrote "SPD". In the options that appeared I chose "FALSE"

3) I saved, restarted, went back to BIOS and chose these options only (no overclocking)

As I saw that until then everything was fine, I went back to the path (item 2) and chose not to rewrite memory "TRUE". I saved it in a different profile and so far everything is fine.

roadczar
Level 11
I have the same board and using 4 sticks of 5600U3636C16GX2 without any issues day one with XMP on.

howell
Level 7
Ok, so finally got it working.

I had memory in slots 1 and 3 instead of the recommended 2 and 4.

Switched everything over, the bios took a while to recognize things but once it did everything booted up. I am now running xmp.