cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A waste of BIOS programming

TL_Gamer
Level 8
Do to the shady behavior of people dodging questions I've posted, creating arguments then trying to use that as ammunition to not give information I asked for, along with several other things that are red flags, I've finally arrived at the conclusion that OCing is just a talking point people are using on forums to make themselves appear smart or educated

I've only been on here for a couple of days, and the fact that people cannot even give an explanation as to how to use the AI ocing feature, speaks volumes. All anyone does is redirect questions to something that is nothing more than another redirect which goes in a circle and the persons question never gets answered

Not sure why OCing is touted as good or can be done when there isn't a single guide, video, forum..etc on the face of this planet that actually explains how to actually do anything. Either steps are skipped, menus and things are being shown open with no explanation on where that menu is, people are manually typing numbers into places that do not exist in where they claim to (Such as manually selecting ram speed in increments) Starting off in the middle of things, not going over what words and terms mean, people saying to look things up that do not exist, or to google search something, full well knowing that google will redirect that person right back to where they left people changing the subject in topics. The list is endless to this crap.....

Anyway, I used CPUID to pull up the menu shown in the screenshot I've attached to this. Using the screenshot I attached as an example:

I can tell you 100% for a fact that there is no way to change any of the numbers I drew a red box around
Those numbers cannot manually be changed in any program menu or bios option. There is also nothing in any bios you can access that even shows anything about the e or p cores, in fact there is nothing in the bios even that looks like the list you see below. When it comes to these numbers you turn on your computer and it runs, there is nothing anyone can do to alter them.

So for those of you talking about OCing, changing numbers, and whatever else, unless you are going to show every step you're doing, (every screen every mouse click/keyboard key you're pressing, where you're putting your mouse over..etc) just stop. You're misleading people with false information and saying things that cannot be done. If you cannot show how you get to a screen with all the steps then the information being presented is useless and fake.

If I see a screen opened in a video then that person needs to show everything they did to open that screen, same with changing numbers and getting to menus. This trend people do of skipping steps and making general wording needs to die. If you have a video saying you're going to explain something, then you and you alone need to be doing that Any excuses about go look it up means you're a troll. You wanna say you have an instruction, then you better provide all the instructions.

The bottom line is this, I don't care how many people show things or make claims, if you aren't showing all the steps in order to get to your result, then you're lying.

People who are legitimate when asked to show how they got to a screen/menu will not start arguing, they will say yes you're right I should have shown this, and then go back and go over what they left out.

Anyone that has to start with the excuses as to why they don't want to show what they did is a fake. At this point all OCing guides, videos, and all forums are fake and have false information on them. Showing things on a screen have no validity when no one explains anything on how they got up to that point.

The screenshot I have attached is legit, anyone who has all those numbers other than 800 is fake. Anyone with enough programming experience can create a program to replicate the look of a BIOS, menu, program. When people start making excuses to get out of showing what they did, then it's a red flag and it's fake, making excuses off of the excuses is even more of a red flag.

As it stands now, for the past 2 days I've been asking for a video that shows what is being clicked on in the bios and what is being changed for the AI overclocking feature, and no one is able to do it, then that means it's fake.

OCing has been talked about for years, yet there isn't a single thing anywhere in video or text that can explain how to actually use it is a major red flag. I've already posted a video about the AI OCING feature that no one has been able to refute. Instead of proving the answers for the questions I've asked in that video, I get irrelevant comments with irrelevant statements that have nothing to do with my questions.

So I'm now convinced since no one can answer anything, it's all fake OCing cannot be done and the things you see in videos is a program written to replicate a BIOS to which runs things they can program to show so the end result LOOKS like they changed something when in reality nothing has been changed it's just a program running to make it appear that way.

This explains why everyone avoids actually going over anything step by step.
7 REPLIES 7

JohnAb
Level 17
Hi TL Gamer,

Quote "I can tell you 100% for a fact that there is no way to change any of the numbers I drew a red box around". Sorry to have a different opinion, but with all due respect, I'm not sure that's correct. Take a look at the new image. I look forward to your feedback. Thank you 🙂
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb wrote:
Take a look at the new image. I look forward to your feedback. Thank you 🙂

Seems legit. Cool clocks bro.

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
Popcorn ready!!!!

ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

pinkfloyd1173 wrote:
Popcorn ready!!!!

Indeed, lol. I really shouldn't have responded. But sometimes in life there are things you just can't resist 🙂
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
I hear you man.
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

JohnAb
Level 17
Thanks IT Troll, as legit as TL Gamer anyway. I won't be responding to him again. Period. It's just futile and I run the risk of looking just as bad. The guy is clearly here for a fight or, if he really thinks he has a valid point, then I'd say he needs some sort of help. If he really is being serious, I think it's all a bit tragic to be honest and not good for these forums.

akgis_
Level 10
Mash delete at computer startup 😉

Read the manual.