cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Intel problem that I need Asus help to fix with Hyper-V VLAN's

PeterUK1
Level 8
Hi I might need help as Intel might not help but I'm in contact with them.

I have two ProArt Z690-CREATOR WIFI and I have setup Hyper-V for VLAN's on the intel NIC (also on the 10Gb NIC too that works fine) the VLANs work fine on driver 1.0.2.14 when I update the driver to 2.0.1.3 VLAN's stop working. I have also tried this driver from Intel 27.2 same problem:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/727998/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-microsoft-w...

Any help?
5 REPLIES 5

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

I already explained here that Windows 11 NetAdapter drivers type (2.x.x.x) can generate side effects due to the non-support of NetAdapter by other apps or system addons features (like Hyper-V).

You need the Windows 11 NDIS drivers type (1.1.x.x)

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I225 - Windows 11 (NDIS)

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

I already explained here that Windows 11 NetAdapter drivers type (2.x.x.x) can generate side effects due to the non-support of NetAdapter by other apps or system addons features (like Hyper-V).

You need the NDIS drivers type (1.1.x.x) :

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I225 - Windows 10/11 (NDIS)

Ok....so will Hyper-V one day work on NetAdapter drivers or forever use NDIS drivers?

I've outlined a workaround in this post that has been working fine for me for the past month with the NetAdapter driver.

I've opened a ticket with Intel, and they still seem to be looking into the issue. Asus confirmed the issue and advised me to use the NDIS versions of the driver, but I'm not sure if they escalated to Intel/Microsoft.

Hopefully we get a fix from Microsoft/Intel, or at least some note in their next driver release stating this is a known issue.

Thanks for now I stick with older drivers