cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14900k and 4x Dominator Titanium 32gb kernel_security_check_failure when installing Amoury Crate

Dragonfly79887
Level 11

12/24/2023 :

I have 1 system: 14900k and 4 x Ram Corsair Dominator Titanium RGB 2 Kit x ​​(2x32GB) DDR5 6000MT/s CL30 (Total 128 gb max 4 dim) I have updated newest BIOS ver 0507 (on ASUS website, where can I get a newer update? Please let me know) - The main problem I encountered was when I newly installed Windows 10 - 64 bit. After the windows welcome screen, I received a notification asking if I wanted to install "Amoury Crate and Lan driver" and of course I chose yes to install the lan driver (blue dump when installing Amoury crate ). The installation took a long time. and after a while I got a blue dump screen. I tried reinstalling windows 5-7 times and reinstalling Amoury Crate but the result is still the same. STOP CODE : kernel_security_check_failure 

Update 12/26/2023

For now I ignore Amoury crate and won't install it again until a more stable Bios version is available.

After updating to Bios 0801, it seems I can turn my computer on and off normally using the on/off button on the PC case. With my configuration, I didn't use XMP but just manually adjusted my DDR5 Cosair to 5800, then I got a blue screen error with the error error code: Bad ..... something I don't remember exactly. Then I tried adjusting my DDR5 to BUS 5600 and I got into Windows 10 normally. Currently my system is fine, I will continue to use it and hope it is stable. I will report back when there is new information

I have attached photos below the article. Hope to receive advice from you guys.

Z790 - 2.jpg

35 REPLIES 35

Dragonfly79887
Level 11

@Silent_Scone

Thank you so much bro. I really still need suggestions, guidance and experience because I run some Windows 10 related applications so I still want to try to do it or wait for an update from BIOS, chipset etc... If anyone has Also having this error, please let me know because after trying everything to see if I can solve the problem or not, maybe I will upgrade to Windows 11. Thank you again.

Noyatje
Level 9

Install w11, i did test w10 on z790 maximus formula and i got the same problems. bluescreens. w11 works perfect.

Hate to say it but 14900k does not like 4 dims ram.. I tested that also.

Hope it helps

Thank you so much bro. I really still need suggestions, guidance and experience because I run some Windows 10 related applications so I still want to try to do it or wait for an update from BIOS, chipset etc... If anyone has Also having this error, please let me know because after trying everything to see if I can solve the problem or not, maybe I will upgrade to Windows 11. Thank you again.

Hey bro , is it okay for Windows 11 to have 4 DDR Dominator DDR5  (2KIT x [2x32 gb] plugged in? I still have those 4 DDR5 plugged in, windows receives the full 128 gb but in Cosair's ICUE APP, it shows 3 DIMMs not 4 DIMMs ( So I go ahead and installed w10 ). And can you tell me if the 4 DDR5  on Windows 11 work perfectly?

Windows has nothing to do with your ram. Remove the power cord and switch your ram around. Make sure they ar all in good. Always start with xmp on auto in bios and see if your pc is stable, then you can start playing with your ram. Best start at 5600 mhz because the default ram speed for 14900k is 5600mhz.  Set xmp on 1 then al little below you see bclk frequency set that on 5600 mhz. Do you have pcie 4 m.2 storage or pcie 3 m.2 that causes my system to crash to. Grtz

I have 2 x ssd 990 pro . 1 ssd 990 pro to pci 5.0 and 1 ssd 990 pro to pci 4.0 . Is this a problem?

Its oke but never put a m.2 in the first slot below the cpu. Because that one is mixed with the gpu. You will lose the 16x gpu speed. It goes to x8 if you put a m.2 in there. 

Are you saying that I shouldn't plug m2 into slot number 3 that I highlighted in red?

IMG_0590.jpeg