cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

13900KS, Z790 Strix E-Gaming, only getting 32K on Cinebench R23?

RickSinGA
Level 11
Just built a new system primarily for MSFS 2020 and in stock format I am only seeing Cinebench R23 scores of around 32K and from what I gather I should be pushing 40K stock?

Rog Z790 Strix E-Gaming WiFi Bios 0816
Intel I9-13900KS
G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6400 2x16GB
Asus Tuf RTX 4090 gaming Graphics
EK Quantum Velocity2 Waterblock w 2 60mm 420 Radiators (push/pull)
Thermaltake 1350w Gold PS

I can OC to 60/59/45 -0.075 Offset (using Intel XTU 2.0) and improve my score from 31K to low 32K but from everything I have been able to find I should be seeing at least 40,000 on the Cinebench R23 benchmark. Set the XMP to Tweaked in the BIOS, everything else was set to Optimized Defaults.

I assumed it was a bad CPU and B&H sent me a new one, marginally better on the SP scale from 103 to 112; which did improve the OC slightly but that isn't the problem from what I see.

I also had some DDR-5 6000 which saw my scores lessen slightly, so that is not it!

Also have the latest Intel ME drivers and firmware. Armoury Crate updated all drivers etc.

MB? Power Supply? etc?

Any ideas?
4,275 Views
32 REPLIES 32

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hi,

R23 is a high current workload, have you checked your core/package temps (HWinfo)? It sounds a though you may have thermal throttling.


Using AI OC, 56x/43x/uncore 47
8200MT/s C36

These settings net me roughly 40,700.


Example: https://i.imgur.com/278X1Sx.png
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Hello, we have a very similar computer, I also have a KS and an Asus RTX4090 graphics card, we only differ in that my motherboard is a Maximus z790 Hero and my Ram is a Team Group that runs at 7600 Mhz in XMP1, I also use the computer for MSFS2020 in VR. I currently have the CPU with a multiplier of 56 which is without touching anything, I only use the XMP profile for the Ram. When I saw your post, I downloaded Cinebench and my score is 39759 in multicore and 2318 in a single core, if it's true that this difference in points surprises me.
Tell you that I tried the equipment with the CPU in optimized IA where the frequency can reach 6200 MHz, but problems appear immediately, programs that stop running and browsing does not load the pages well. The truth is, with these new high-performance 8 Core CPUs and the other 16 I have no idea how to make them a stable and secure OC, I'm sorry I can't help you more.
All the best

Matrixx wrote:
Hello, we have a very similar computer, I also have a KS and an Asus RTX4090 graphics card, we only differ in that my motherboard is a Maximus z790 Hero and my Ram is a Team Group that runs at 7600 Mhz in XMP1, I also use the computer for MSFS2020 in VR. I currently have the CPU with a multiplier of 56 which is without touching anything, I only use the XMP profile for the Ram. When I saw your post, I downloaded Cinebench and my score is 39759 in multicore and 2318 in a single core, if it's true that this difference in points surprises me.
Tell you that I tried the equipment with the CPU in optimized IA where the frequency can reach 6200 MHz, but problems appear immediately, programs that stop running and browsing does not load the pages well. The truth is, with these new high-performance 8 Core CPUs and the other 16 I have no idea how to make them a stable and secure OC, I'm sorry I can't help you more.
All the best


Thanks for the reply, my single core score is 2135 with MP ratio? 14.57x ??

Matrixx wrote:
Hello, we have a very similar computer, I also have a KS and an Asus RTX4090 graphics card, we only differ in that my motherboard is a Maximus z790 Hero and my Ram is a Team Group that runs at 7600 Mhz in XMP1, I also use the computer for MSFS2020 in VR. I currently have the CPU with a multiplier of 56 which is without touching anything, I only use the XMP profile for the Ram. When I saw your post, I downloaded Cinebench and my score is 39759 in multicore and 2318 in a single core, if it's true that this difference in points surprises me.
Tell you that I tried the equipment with the CPU in optimized IA where the frequency can reach 6200 MHz, but problems appear immediately, programs that stop running and browsing does not load the pages well. The truth is, with these new high-performance 8 Core CPUs and the other 16 I have no idea how to make them a stable and secure OC, I'm sorry I can't help you more.
All the best


Would you mind running a Intel-XTU 2.0 Benchmark? mt score is 10512 for comparison.

Thanks

I did not know this application, I have run a benmarch but I did an optimization and now the CPU runs at 6000 but it gives me problems, the OC is still unstable, my score has been 13471 running at 5600Mhz. As I have Asus AiSuite installed I have made 4 profiles at different speeds. For MSFS 2020, I created a profile at 5900 Mhz, which is stable, but in my case, I only use VR, it is not necessary to raise it so much since the CPU is superfluous, it does not reach that speed, the usage speeds being 5600, 5700 and it rarely reaches 5800. I don't know how it works in 2D.

Dear, now I understand a little more about the operation of the KS cores, thanks to this Intel program I see that the first two cores run at 6000 Mhz and the rest, that is, the remaining 6 at 5600 Mhz, the other 16 run at 4300 Mhz, I will follow the behavior of the rest of the profiles to see what conclusions I can draw.

Well no, my mistake, the 8 cores go at the same speed, when a profile is loaded. In the end, it's more complicated than I thought.

Matrixx wrote:
Dear, now I understand a little more about the operation of the KS cores, thanks to this Intel program I see that the first two cores run at 6000 Mhz and the rest, that is, the remaining 6 at 5600 Mhz, the other 16 run at 4300 Mhz, I will follow the behavior of the rest of the profiles to see what conclusions I can draw.


Yes, what you just described is the default clocks. Would you mind running the Benchmark utility on the Intel-XTU App? Curious.

Silent_Scone@ROG wrote:
Hi,

R23 is a high current workload, have you checked your core/package temps (HWinfo)? It sounds a though you may have thermal throttling.


Using AI OC, 56x/43x/uncore 47
8200MT/s C36

These settings net me roughly 40,700.


Example: https://i.imgur.com/278X1Sx.png


I do have TT if I do not apply a -0.100 offset.

Please see the Pictures I uploaded on another reply.