cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z490-E GAMING motherboard, proper audio driver install process?

maderas
Level 7
I've had some audio issues and I wanted to reinstall my board's audio driver, but the package from the ASUS support site has several different .exe's from both ASUS and RealTek inside it and no documentation as to how I'm supposed to go about the process, at least not that I can find. I've tried it myself running the ASUS setup and the only thing it did was open a window that said "Installing . . ." for what seemed an inordinate amount of time before eventually going away, but I haven't the slightest idea what it did or if it even worked. If anyone can offer any insight as to the proper way to tackle this I'd appreciate it.
2 REPLIES 2

Saltgrass
Level 13
maderas wrote:
I've had some audio issues and I wanted to reinstall my board's audio driver, but the package from the ASUS support site has several different .exe's from both ASUS and RealTek inside it and no documentation as to how I'm supposed to go about the process, at least not that I can find. I've tried it myself running the ASUS setup and the only thing it did was open a window that said "Installing . . ." for what seemed an inordinate amount of time before eventually going away, but I haven't the slightest idea what it did or if it even worked. If anyone can offer any insight as to the proper way to tackle this I'd appreciate it.

Do you show a Realtek console on your system? You might open it if you have one.

The Z490 was before the time of Realtek USB audio, but all of my boards have installed the same way. I install the download and it will install the Sonic Studio utilities. The Sonic Studio stuff works in concert with the Realtek utilities.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

I have an audio console but there's no option to update driver through there that I can see. As far as the driver folder from ASUS goes, there are six .exe's in the main folder alone, and 3-4 more in the subfolders for things like Sonic Studio. I originally tried only installing the AsusSetup.exe file as I assumed that would be the way to go, but I experienced problems and there's no progress bar or anything so I have no idea what it's doing when I click it, it just says "Installing. . ." for a while and then goes away with no confirmation and no apparent change. Kind of shocked there's not a readme or something on the website about the correct procedure with this many .exe's in the folder.