cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMP Profile - High VCCIO / VCCSA voltages

kvarq
Level 11
When activating XMP, even for 3200MHz, the VCCIO and SA voltages if left on auto look a bit high - 1.40V and 1.47V respectively.
Are these voltages normal?
Noticed during the time that for the Asus boards these voltages on XMP were pretty much high, but for this generation seem to be already over 1.4V, in general it has been stated so far that these should be not over 1.3-1.35V, not good for the IMC etc.

With XMP activated, everything is fine and pretty much rock solid, when trying to lower the IO and SA voltages stability tests are not anymore passed...
So I'm asking if it is safe to leave them as they are or to try to tweak them further, but the XMP purpose should be just "plug and play" 🙂
9 REPLIES 9

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Depending on the values set, platform and which board, the auto voltages scale based on worst case scenarios for CPU sample strength. You can tune these values manually to best suit your CPU whilst checking for system stability using the correct methodology. I'd recommend HCI Memtest Pro or Karhu's Ramtest.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Set those values manually, I'm using G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZN using thses settings:

BigJohnny
Level 13
Set them manually in the BIOS.

kvarq
Level 11
Yeah, I've been trying manual and auto voltages, different kind of tunings, now I'm not passing GSAT at all, not even on XMP - auto and different manual voltages.
Different profiles which worked perfectly fine on Apex XII passing GSAT are not passing on Apex XIII anymore.
Same kits and same 10900K, everything fine on Apex XII, a mess on Apex XIII.
Maybe this board is crap when dual rank is used for some reason, as many stated so far.
Hopefully this will be sorted out somehow with new bios releases - which, by the way, they stopped for some reason on 0707.
Also tried lots of versions found on forums, 0903 as well.

kvarq wrote:
Yeah, I've been trying manual and auto voltages, different kind of tunings, now I'm not passing GSAT at all, not even on XMP - auto and different manual voltages.
Different profiles which worked perfectly fine on Apex XII passing GSAT are not passing on Apex XIII anymore.
Same kits and same 10900K, everything fine on Apex XII, a mess on Apex XIII.
Maybe this board is crap when dual rank is used for some reason, as many stated so far.
Hopefully this will be sorted out somehow with new bios releases - which, by the way, they stopped for some reason on 0707.
Also tried lots of versions found on forums, 0903 as well.

Same story here (but a XIII Hero). No amounts of voltage or loose timings can get my kit stable at XMP let alone the clocks I was running on a lower end board previously.

Hoping a BIOS comes along that fixes things but don't have a ton of faith.

ashberic wrote:
Same story here (but a XIII Hero). No amounts of voltage or loose timings can get my kit stable at XMP let alone the clocks I was running on a lower end board previously.

Hoping a BIOS comes along that fixes things but don't have a ton of faith.

yeah, it's an... Asus in the end, I lost my hope as well - their support is getting worse in general, even their QVL include quad kits for this 2-slots board, for this generation is a disaster I could say, and I paid 500Eur for this crap sold as a high-end product!
I had Asus since Z87 I think, sometimes I had several during the same generation (Formula, Impact, Extreme etc), but next time I might try something else

kvarq
Level 11
It’s so bloody annoying, no matter combinations I am trying to do cannot get my 2x16 running properly on Apex XIII, XMP at least.
Neither auto voltages set by XMP or lowered SA and IO ones. Bumped even the VRAM a bit, no pass.
On Apex XII this kit (4000C16D-32 GTZRA / 16-16-16-36) proved to be stable on auto voltages, also lowered SA 1.30V and IO 1.25.
On Apex XIII no matter what I do can’t pass not even the included memtest :))

I tried lots of bios versions, from 0106 till 0903 beta/official, on older bioses error is reported later, but nothing is 100% rock solid.

theriffsthatkil
Level 7
kvarq wrote:
When activating XMP, even for 3200MHz, the VCCIO and SA voltages if left on auto look a bit high - 1.40V and 1.47V respectively.
Are these voltages normal?
Noticed during the time that for the Asus boards these voltages on XMP were pretty much high, but for this generation seem to be already over 1.4V, in general it has been stated so far that these should be not over 1.3-1.35V, not good for the IMC etc.

With XMP activated, everything is fine and pretty much rock solid, when trying to lower the IO and SA voltages stability tests are not anymore passed...
So I'm asking if it is safe to leave them as they are or to try to tweak them further, but the XMP purpose should be just "plug and play" 🙂

I'm using GSkill trident 3600, a 10900k, and a Z490-E strix board. My XMPII profile on auto sets IO and SA to about 1.38 and 1.43v respectively. I was able to lower them manually down to 1.25 and 1.34v respectively, but if I go lower I start to get issues with stability. I assume auto is actually just fine and people make a big deal out of it because it's higher than what they're used to seeing in the past, but we're getting faster and faster XMP ram these day which require more voltage, so if you're running 3200mhz+ ram and ram voltage of 1.35 or higher, you're going to need higher IO and SA voltage.

You can probably reduce it by a bit, but not everyone is going to be stable at the lower 1.15 or 1.2v IO/SA voltage used in the past.

kvarq
Level 11
tes