cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIII Hero PCH temp

Zeroed85
Level 8
I'm seeing 74-80C on my PCH and several others are also reporting this. Does this look to be normal for the XIII Hero? It seems a rather high temperature to be running on average...
31 REPLIES 31

Zeroed85 wrote:
With Thunderbolt disabled I start off fairly cool at 60-63C but still reach 70C after the system's been under some load...

Does your GPU have a 0-rpm mode ? If so, disable it and set its fan to 30-35% (should still be silent) in order to create some airflow around the PCH.

EncodeGR wrote:
Does your GPU have a 0-rpm mode ? If so, disable it and set its fan to 30-35% (should still be silent) in order to create some airflow around the PCH.

That's works for me, 54C idling now with gpu fans enabled (62C before).

(Also i disabled from bios settings Thunderbolt, SATA ports not used, Ethertnet port 2 and USB motherboars ports in desuse).

thomas_yiu
Level 9
After checking internally, the ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO's PCH temperature is in normal operating temperature. The maximum heat dissipation is 108C.

Even though the device is idling, the system is still running, so an amount of heat would still be generated and you still see a certain temperature of your PCH.
I appreciate your feedback.
Sincerely,
TY

thomas_yiu@ROG wrote:
After checking internally, the ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO's PCH temperature is in normal operating temperature. The maximum heat dissipation is 108C.

Even though the device is idling, the system is still running, so an amount of heat would still be generated and you still see a certain temperature of your PCH.
I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks a lot for the info, Thomas. Intel releases a document called Thermal Mechanical Specifications and Design Guidelines (TMSDG) for the chipsets, but I couldn't find one for Z590 yet (all the few previous chipsets seem to have a Tj,max of 108C, too).

Could you please confirm the Tj,max for AMD's X570 chipset, if possible?

loinad wrote:
Thanks a lot for the info, Thomas. Intel releases a document called Thermal Mechanical Specifications and Design Guidelines (TMSDG) for the chipsets, but I couldn't find one for Z590 yet (all the few previous chipsets seem to have a Tj,max of 108C, too).

Could you please confirm the Tj,max for AMD's X570 chipset, if possible?

Great.

I will check internally for you and get back to you about the Tjmax for AMD X570 chipset.
Sincerely,
TY

thomas_yiu@ROG wrote:
Great.

I will check internally for you and get back to you about the Tjmax for AMD X570 chipset.

Really appreciated. 😄

loinad wrote:
Really appreciated. 😄

The acceptable range for X570 chipset is min:40C-max: 65C.
Sincerely,
TY

Zeroed85
Level 8
Why is the PCH VCIIN 1.800V on this board? It seems extremely high compared to the older gen boards if I remember correctly.

3dw4rdTm
Level 7
i think that should be adjusted / fixed in new bios versions... (i hope so)

TasmaN
Level 8
Aorus master z590 and MSI Meg z590 ace owners are laughing with their 50-55C of PCH temp under the LOAD at us Hero XIII owners with the PCH temp of 75-80C at IDLE...if it is impossible to fix with new BIOS, so gona try to return this MOBO and take my money back...I paid 640$ for what....and stop saying about 108C...PCH warm area also warms RAM slots...