cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIII Hero PCH temp

Zeroed85
Level 8
I'm seeing 74-80C on my PCH and several others are also reporting this. Does this look to be normal for the XIII Hero? It seems a rather high temperature to be running on average...
485 Views
31 REPLIES 31

In my case PCH temperature is reported through two channels using Hwinfo (v7.03) after 1 hour of MSFS flight simulator

Nuvoton NCT6798D: 86 C

ASUS EC: 67 C

I don't know which one is the "right" one

Specs: M13H Bios 0704+ i9-11900K stock + 4*16GB 3200 MHz Crucial RAM + RTX 3090 FE + Samsung 980 pro 1 TB (OS) + Samsung 970 Evo plus 2 TB for general data + Sandisk extreme pro NVMe 1TB for MSFS

Regards

ThomasRhin wrote:
What's between the PCH chip and the black metal heatsink is a thermal pad around 1.0mm thick. You can replace the stock thermal pad with one of better thermal conductive performance.

I've replaced it with Thermalright odyssey thermal pad(1.0mm) and observed temperature drop of around 5~8 degree . DO NOT use thermal paste because the compression pressure that comes from the screws of the heatsink could crush the die of PCH. Thermal pad can provide physical protection from being crushed.


94184 forgot to mention this only works with a vertical gpu mount. But rund consistently around 42c

Zeroed85
Level 8
Guys might have figured it out, think it might be Thunderbolt driving those PCH temps... Disabled Thunderbolt in the BIOS and PCH now at 62C...

Zeroed85 wrote:
Guys might have figured it out, think it might be Thunderbolt driving those PCH temps... Disabled Thunderbolt in the BIOS and PCH now at 62C...


Nice to know, thanks. I had already disabled Thunderbolt so I was not seeing those temps.. I suppose the next question might be, what will the temps do if you were to actually be using Thunderbolt..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

hsm06
Level 10
The ROG Logo on the top of the PCH radiator is a plastic sheet,
Personally think this is a stupid design,
The suggestion is to remove the logo plastic sheet and do not install it.

Legolas
Level 9
if you afraid of high heat on the PCH, i usually have front inlet fan directly close to the PCH to cool it down. You can even add a chipset fan.
Sincerely,
Legolas

Legolas
Level 9
Zeroed85 wrote:
I'm seeing 74-80C on my PCH and several others are also reporting this. Does this look to be normal for the XIII Hero? It seems a rather high temperature to be running on average...


I wonder what condition is when you have high temperature? Playing games? browser? Might be possible it takes more current to calculate with processor now due to new memory frequency and PCIE 4.0 lanes.
Sincerely,
Legolas

Legolas wrote:
I wonder what condition is when you have high temperature? Playing games? browser? Might be possible it takes more current to calculate with processor now due to new memory frequency and PCIE 4.0 lanes.


In my case 62C after 30 mints idling.

CPU lanes are PCIe 4.0, chipset works with pcie 3.0 lanes.

Ataemonus
Level 11
That is not how the PCH works, at all.

Zeroed85
Level 8
With Thunderbolt disabled I start off fairly cool at 60-63C but still reach 70C after the system's been under some load...