cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which are the bios setting to have processor i9 11900K running ever at 5300 MHz ?

74lobster
Level 10
Hi guys, I have a ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO with bios version 1007.

Which are the right bios setting to have processor i9 11900K running ever at 5300 MHz ?

Thanks in advance.
74lobster
17 REPLIES 17

74lobster wrote:
Hi, last night I tried different bios settings and I saw that if I put PLL bandwidth = Level 6, the computer freezes and to have access to the bios again, you have to disconnect the power supply for several minutes and, only at that point, the option appears to push F1 and you can see the menu and enter the bios again.
This setting must be very invasive because it does not even allow the PC to turn on. Do you know what it is?
Thanks for any replies and greetings.

To the best of my knowledge PLL OC skews the DTS sensors calibration. This setting is used for sub-zero bench runs to help booting your system. PLL Bandwidth seems to be linked to VDDQ (DDR memory) on my board Level 0 defaults to 1.216v,.. not sure what Level 6 voltage is on your board.

Personally I leave CPU PLL OC, PLL Bandwidth at default/Auto setting.

Braegnok wrote:
To the best of my knowledge PLL OC skews the DTS sensors calibration. This setting is used for sub-zero bench runs to help booting your system. PLL Bandwidth seems to be linked to VDDQ (DDR memory) on my board Level 0 defaults to 1.216v,.. not sure what Level 6 voltage is on your board.

Thanks.
74lobster

Braegnok wrote:

I noticed a strange thing that I don't know if it has to do with bios settings and overclocking values.

When I try to execute a large files (for example the one that installs the NVIDIA graphics drivers) I see that the file icon does not appear immediately with its correct graphics, but appears blank white and often it takes several minutes before starting and the window from which I tried to open it remains frozen and there is no way to close it except by killing the process...

I state that this happens when I try to execute the file from the primary hard drive C or from the secondary one...

Do you have any idea about the reason for this anomaly ?

Thanks

74lobster

74lobster wrote:
I noticed a strange thing that I don't know if it has to do with bios settings and overclocking values.

When I try to execute a large files (for example the one that installs the NVIDIA graphics drivers) I see that the file icon does not appear immediately with its correct graphics, but appears blank white and often it takes several minutes before starting and the window from which I tried to open it remains frozen and there is no way to close it except by killing the process...

I state that this happens when I try to execute the file from the primary hard drive C or from the secondary one...

Do you have any idea about the reason for this anomaly ?

Thanks

Generally the reason why the blank icons appear on the desktop is because the icon cache is corrupted. Most likely caused by an improper shutdown, but could also be due to viruses or malware, it's not always easy to determine weather your computer has become infected with a virus or malware, however you can quickly fix your icon cache.

https://youtu.be/q01p9T-U7A0

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Short story bios settings for best performance after optimizing defaults

Ai Overclock Tuner [XMP II]
Maximus Tweak [Mode 1]

ASUS MultiCore Enhancement [Enabled – Remove All limits]
SVID Behavior
AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset [0]
CPU Core Ratio [Sync All Cores]
ALL-Core Ratio Limit [53]

CPU Core/Cache Current Limit Max. [255.75]
Long Duration Package Power Limit [4095]
Package Power Time Window [448]
Short Duration Package Power Limit [4095]

Min. CPU Cache Ratio [50] "or 49 if you feel better about it"
Max CPU Cache Ratio [50] "................................................"
BCLK Aware Adaptive Voltage [Enabled]
CPU Core/Cache Voltage [Manual Mode]
- CPU Core Voltage Override [1.420]

CPU VCCIO Voltage [1.35000]
CPU System Agent Voltage [1.420]
PLL Termination Voltage [1.05000]
PCH Core Voltage [Auto]

Run a short test Cinebench R15 and see where your temperatures are at see if you can handle R23 or R20.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThrashZone wrote:
Hi,
Short story bios settings for best performance after optimizing defaults

Ai Overclock Tuner [XMP II]
Maximus Tweak [Mode 1]

ASUS MultiCore Enhancement [Enabled – Remove All limits]
SVID Behavior
CPU Core Ratio [Sync All Cores]
ALL-Core Ratio Limit [53]

CPU Core/Cache Current Limit Max. [255.75]
Long Duration Package Power Limit [4095]
Package Power Time Window [448]
Short Duration Package Power Limit [4095]

Min. CPU Cache Ratio [50] "or 49 if you feel better about it"
Max CPU Cache Ratio [50] "................................................"
BCLK Aware Adaptive Voltage [Enabled]
CPU Core/Cache Voltage [Manual Mode]
- CPU Core Voltage Override [1.420]

CPU VCCIO Voltage [1.35000]
PLL Termination Voltage [1.05000]
PCH Core Voltage [Auto]

Run a short test Cinebench R15 and see where your temperatures are at see if you can handle R23 or R20.....

Hi,

I have a Maximus XIII Hero mobo with bios 1701, but I cannot find this value:

and I cannot set this value:

If I set set to manual, it gimme an override value, where I can set only 1.420000 and not 1.420.

The bios result is: OF.

Could you please take a look ?

Thanks in advance.
74lobster

74lobster wrote:

According to E18567_ROG_MAXIMUS_XIII_HERO_BIOS_Manual_EM_WEB.pdf, that should be on the main Extreme Tweaker page. See page 18 onwards.

74lobster wrote:

If I set set to manual, it gimme an override value, where I can set only 1.420000 and not 1.420.

That seems unlikely to be significant, probably just some minor difference between BIOS versions. It's a voltage, so should be the same thing regardless of the number of 0s on the right hand side. 1.42, 1.420, and 1.420000 all mean the same thing. The voltage regulator is unlikely to offer precision greater than 1 millivolt (0.001V), but your BIOS possibly has the wrong precision set for displaying the number (just a cosmetic coding bug, probably).

74lobster
Level 10
No one ?
74lobster