cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on with VCCSA and VCCIO on my new Hero XIII?

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Hi, @Shamino or other Asus Engineers

I am having 3 problems with my Hero XIII. I have a 10900k in it.

1. Random Static popping with the on-board Audio. I have worked around this using an external dac. Yes, I tried the firmware update and all suggestions here to no avail with the onboard.

It is the issues below have me worried.

1. If I set VCCSA and VCCIO manually in the BIOS, the VCCIO reported matches, but the VCCSA always reports 20 mv below what I set it. What is really worrying me is that when I run under load , the reported voltages for these (AISuite or HWINFO64) do not vary at all. With the z490 I would see these increase under load, especially AVX loads. So I am not confident in what is being reported and why it doesn't vary. Also changing the VCCIO load-line does nothing (maybe a 11th gen thing)?

2. I thought I would try auto on the voltages but with caps. So I set them on auto and set the VCCIO and VCCSA caps to 1.22v each and rebooted. Low and behold VCCSA was reported at almost 1.6v.

I have tried both 902 BIOS and 1402. Same behavior.

So are their explanations for these behaviors? If so is there a fix?

Thanks in advance!

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case
1 REPLY 1

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Anyone?

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case