cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF Gaming Z590-Plus

sLOVEnec
Level 7

Hi everybody!

I'm looking for info about memory. Specifically, if someone has ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS and is running 2x32Gb 3600 C16 or 4x16Gb 3600 C16 memory. When I check Asus webpage for memory QVL, 3600 for 32Gb modules is rather empty (I'm using i9-11900K)... I had problems with this motherboard in the past, I tried G.Skill TridentZ F4-3600C17D-32GTZ, which are on the list but the rig wasn't stable (exchanged twice, so kits weren't the problem). Eventually I found a stable combo by using G.Skill Ripjaw V F4-3600C16D-32GVKC. Now... I wish to expand to 64Gb and I plan to use these Ripjaws elsewhere, but I'd like to avoid problems if possible.

Thank you for any answers in advance,

Andy

5 REPLIES 5

Nate152

Hello sLOVEnec

Any reason you need 64GB of memory?

If you just play games, 32GB is plenty. In most instances, 64GB will actually hurt gaming performance because with 64GB, you'll have to settle for a lower frequency to avoid stability issues. Flight Simulator might be the only reason to go to 64GB.

If you don't play Flight Simulator, you'd be better off keeping what you have or stick with another 32GB kit.

This video shows that capacity helps to an extent and 32GB is the sweet spot for gaming.

128GB (3000MHz) vs 64GB (3600MHz) vs 32GB (4000MHz) vs 16GB (4400MHz) | RAM Test in PC Gaming - Bing...

Hi Nate,

I need 64Gb because of the VMs actually. I know that 32Gb is plenty enough for gaming, I haven't noticed any problems there, but when I do stuff for work... I run out of memory. I'd like to keep my system at DDR3600 as I judge it to be the sweet spot for Gear1 and my wallet. I know it's a longshot to get the info as most of people visit forums only when they need help, but I wanted to avoid possible fuss when ordering memory, finding out it making the system unstable and returning it.

Andy

I'm not saying you can't run 64GB at 3600MHz but, adding more memory puts more strain on the cpu's memory controller and could give you a tough time with stability.

If you want 64GB, I'd go with a 2x32GB 3200MHz kit to have a better chance with stability.

Since you're having good luck with Ripjaws V, here is an example.

G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR4 3200 CL16-18-18-38 1.35V Dual Channel De...

sLOVEnec
Level 7

Hi Nate,

Again, thank you for all your help. I had a bit of luck and got a lovely deal on Kingston Fury Renegade Black KF436C18RBK2/64. I know I went from C16 to C18, but honest to god I can't tell the difference, nothing feels slower. However, all VMs now run properly, so I'm happy.

Andy

Nate152

Excellent choice !

Kingston memory works well with ASUS motherboards, I have 16GB Kingston Fury Beast.

You kept 3600MHz and only dropped to CL18 which is the spec, couldn't have asked for much better than that. 

Thank you for reporting and good to hear all is well with your new Kingston 64GB memory kit.