cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound card seems to be possesed! Help please! Maximux XIII Hero

DarvinAtkeson
Level 7
Okay this seems to be a weird one.

System seems to be running just fine. But the sound card is messing with me. Here is the problem.

Music playing
Plug in headphones
Headphones come on and I am rocking out for several seconds.
System switches back to Desktop Speakers. (ASUS - "No way I want speakers!!!")
WTF???
System switches back to Headphones (ASUS - "just messing with you")

To recap... I plugin in my headphones and they come on, then switch back to desktop speakers then back to headphones within a few seconds. Annoying but not critical.

Anyone got any ideas?

What I have tried thus far.
Uninstalled the Sonic Sound Mixer but the driver seems to be necessary.
Tried it on Windows Media Player, Spotify and Groove.
Tried different headphones (no I didn't expect that to work either)

Using standard Creative Labs desktop 1/8" mini jack plugged into the green port on the back of the system.
Using standard 1/8" mini jack speakers plugged into the front of the case (Corsair C70 Army Ammo Case)

One last note. Sometimes the system will really mess with me and not give me sound out of either. It mistakenly jumps to the PA248 USB Audio which I have never seen before. Neither of my ASUS Pro-Art 248 monitors have any audio device plugged in to them and they don't offer built in sound.

Let me know if you need more info and thanks in advance for suggestions.

Darv
3 REPLIES 3

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Try with latest audio drivers :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (MB | Intel 5xx & AMD 5xx/TRX40).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Thanks for the suggestion but I am afraid the drivers have exactly the same behavior as the ones downloaded from ASUS's website.

I start with desktop speakers.
Plug in the Headphone and they work as expected for a few seconds.
Then they cut out and the desktop speakers kick back in for a few seconds.
Finally it switches back to the headphones and it work normally.
Next I unplug the headphones and there is a huge lag before the desktop speakers kick in.

Really weird. Seems like such a simple thing to have it switch smoothly.

But thanks for offering a suggestion just the same. If you have another please let me know.

DarvinAtkeson wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion but I am afraid the drivers have exactly the same behavior as the ones downloaded from ASUS's website.

I start with desktop speakers.
Plug in the Headphone and they work as expected for a few seconds.
Then they cut out and the desktop speakers kick back in for a few seconds.
Finally it switches back to the headphones and it work normally.
Next I unplug the headphones and there is a huge lag before the desktop speakers kick in.

Really weird. Seems like such a simple thing to have it switch smoothly.

But thanks for offering a suggestion just the same. If you have another please let me know.

Hi,

Try this : Realtek Audio Control/Console > Device advanced settings > Recording Device : Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously.