cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B560-F GAMING WIFI - Crucial kit XMP 3600MHz - Stop work on bios 0811

PeterMac
Level 7
Hello,

I have ROG STRIX B560-F GAMING WIFI motherboard with Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz CL16 2x8GB kit (BL8G36C16U4B.M8FE1) and on XMP Profile with stock bios 0407 everything was working corectly at 3600MHz after apply XMP profile.

After bios update to 0811 - it stops work at 3600MHz.

Now when I apply XMP profile, system reboot very long booting and after some time it starts but memory set is to 3466MHz.

I tried to Clear CMOS - not helped.
2,608 Views
5 REPLIES 5

PeterMac
Level 7
no one help ?

thomas_yiu
Level 9
Hello PeterMac,


I hope I can help! , Did you try to update bios to 0820 - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/ROG-STRIX-B560-F-GAMING-WIFI-ASUS-0820.ZIP
Thomas
Sincerely,
TY

thomas_yiu@ROG wrote:
Hello PeterMac,


I hope I can help! , Did you try to update bios to 0820 - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/ROG-STRIX-B560-F-GAMING-WIFI-ASUS-0820.ZIP
Thomas




I have 0811 and tried to update to 0820, it crashes before update complete both from BIOS and EZ Flash from windows, is there a problem with the bios or with my MB?

spncster wrote:
I have 0811 and tried to update to 0820, it crashes before update complete both from BIOS and EZ Flash from windows, is there a problem with the bios or with my MB?


Make sure the board is set to optimised defaults before attempting to flash if not doing so already.


The long boot you describe is the system failing POST stress tests. Memory rules can change between UEFI revisions, you may need to tune. Try selecting XMP Profile 2 and see if this helps.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Make sure the board is set to optimised defaults before attempting to flash if not doing so already.


The long boot you describe is the system failing POST stress tests. Memory rules can change between UEFI revisions, you may need to tune. Try selecting XMP Profile 2 and see if this helps.



It didnt work, so i tried unpacking with WinRAR instead of Windows own unzip program, and same time put the BIOS on an USB stick, somehow one of either was the solution and is updating now.