cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX 590-E keeps dropping USB-C hub

SMOKESKULL
Level 7
I have a opowered USB C hub that works fine on other machine but keeps dropping in and out on the Asus board. Second installation of Windows and its still doing the same thing. I check USB power setting in advanced power setting and stopped it from going to sleep. Not sure what else to try. Its very annoying and it does it on both USB C ports very frequently when it does it.
10 REPLIES 10

SMOKESKULL
Level 7
Ok so i solved this. It was only the sd cards that would turn on and off and i found a setting to change the way Windows deals with folders that needed to be changed.

SMOKESKULL
Level 7
Well back to the drawing board. THis worked for a while but seems to have started doing it again.

Well I think I have solved it. Seems my Seagate 10TB drive is causing all the disturbance. I had it plugged in since the build never thinking it was a problem. Well never assume anything. After removing it from the system all the goofy behaviour has stopped. Lucky I have Geeksquad warranty so I will be getting my money back for the HDD.

Well it seems my Seagate 10TB HDD was causing all the grief. I will be returning the drive to Bestbuy ASAP. I had the drive plugged in since the build never thinking it was at the heart of the problem. Not sure whats wrong but I dont want it plugged into my system again.

SMOKESKULL
Level 7
Ok so if I plug the USB C hub into a adapter into a usb 2 port it does not do it. What is wrong with the usb c ports becasue I have a new MSI laptop with 2 usb c ports and it works finer on that.

SMOKESKULL
Level 7

Watch video and see the severe lagg when the hub gets disconnected. My new Asus wireless keyboard seems to be suffering from this annomoly too.

SMOKESKULL
Level 7
Ok so I have submitted a ticket with Asus because the p[roblem is still there. Will report back what they find. The hub works flawlessly on other PC so its definatly isssue the the Z590E

SMOKESKULL
Level 7
Does anyone else with same board have same issue with USB C hub? I bought another and it still does it. Is my board screwed or ?

SMOKESKULL wrote:
Does anyone else with same board have same issue with USB C hub? I bought another and it still does it. Is my board screwed or ?

I also have the same issue. I just installed the Asus z590e Wifi board and when I plug in the a USB-C hub (Hiearcool) that I bought off amazon and I know what has worked with3 other pc's....I plug it in, it makes the noise like a USB device is plugged in then a few seconds later it makes the noise like the USB device has been unplugged. I am glad I found this thread before I sent the board back.

Hopefully Asus will fix this issue... Hint Hint Asus!!!:mad: