Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO v1301

VSSV
Level 7
2022/03/03

ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO BIOS 1301
01. Improve DRAM compatibility
02. Improve system boot time after EZflash.
03. Improve system performance and stability.

https://rog.asus.com/au/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-hero-model/helpdesk_bios
16 REPLIES 16

sdmf74 wrote:
I enable them cause I recently updated to win 11. How long does It take for them to re-enable automatically? Do you mean after one power cycle or something that needs to be monitored for a few days or so? Because my issue with APSM reenabling automatically happens at random.

Also with secure boot it has custom & standard not enable disable?

UPDATE: ok I disabled PTT & set secure boot to standard (I'm sure that's not what you meant by disabling secure boot) but I'm not messing with deleting keys & ****.

I then went to drop the kids off at the pool & when I got done upstairs I came back and rebooted my PC and yes it was reenabled on its own, I even checked my last modified actions & it showed I did in fact previously disable PTT.

Thank you for trying, so annoying that **** still isn't fixed. Super appreciate it though.

Nuckels wrote:
Thank you for trying, so annoying that **** still isn't fixed. Super appreciate it though.

The amount of time that I have spent scratching my head about this is unreal ... At one point, I just let it all go (literally, youtube it - Elsa Let it go, it helps).

All it would take is an ASUS engineer to chime in to clarify what the actual F is the setting doing. Meanwhile, I even believe that its just supposed to be always enabled, but then again, why leave the option there for the user to set it? The purpose of the setting clearly changed in v1007 and v1202, and I doubt that it is any different in v1301. Up until v0902, the setting was there to specify whether the security chip is on or off. Past v1007, there is an additional menu for TPM where you can set the chip to be disabled. I even tried to wipe the whole PC, load BIOS defaults, set TPP to disabled and try to install a clean installation - TPP still switched itself to enabled ... You might ask the very legitimate question, on WHY would you do anything like that? Well, I literally tried everything else to the point, where this would be the only thing left to try.

I am now running v1202, PTT enabled, but the TPM chip disabled. Initially, when I was testing, after I changed the TPM chip to disabled while TPP was still on, the Win10 built in health check (in win-update) would still indicate that my PC is ready to be upgraded to Win11. Only later I found out that there is a delay on how this built-in health-check that is present in the Windows update verifies whether your PC is eligible, so turning the TPM chip off while TPP is enabled DOES prevent MS from forcing up Win11 at you at one point. But still, I do not like idea that there is a setting, which I can select, but it doesn't stick to what it has been set to ...

Now to the reasons on why to stick with Win10, at least for me, is because CSGO runs 2/3 fps on Win11 compared to Win10. This is true with different other older / legacy games. While on Win10, CSGO runs 350+ fps, on Win11, it runs 230+ fps. New games might run +1 or +2 fps better on Win11 and into the future, newer engines might be able to capitalize more on the way how the CPU is being utilized while playing games on Win11 and the difference might increase, but right now, as I do play CSGO, there are only disadvantages for me when considering to upgrade. Everything runs super-silky-smooth under Win10 and lets face it, by the time Win10 ends its support, we're all going to have new PCs and will be preparing towards Win12.

kubr0 wrote:
The amount of time that I have spent scratching my head about this is unreal ... At one point, I just let it all go (literally, youtube it - Elsa Let it go, it helps).

All it would take is an ASUS engineer to chime in to clarify what the actual F is the setting doing. Meanwhile, I even believe that its just supposed to be always enabled, but then again, why leave the option there for the user to set it? The purpose of the setting clearly changed in v1007 and v1202, and I doubt that it is any different in v1301. Up until v0902, the setting was there to specify whether the security chip is on or off. Past v1007, there is an additional menu for TPM where you can set the chip to be disabled. I even tried to wipe the whole PC, load BIOS defaults, set TPP to disabled and try to install a clean installation - TPP still switched itself to enabled ... You might ask the very legitimate question, on WHY would you do anything like that? Well, I literally tried everything else to the point, where this would be the only thing left to try.

I am now running v1202, PTT enabled, but the TPM chip disabled. Initially, when I was testing, after I changed the TPM chip to disabled while TPP was still on, the Win10 built in health check (in win-update) would still indicate that my PC is ready to be upgraded to Win11. Only later I found out that there is a delay on how this built-in health-check that is present in the Windows update verifies whether your PC is eligible, so turning the TPM chip off while TPP is enabled DOES prevent MS from forcing up Win11 at you at one point. But still, I do not like idea that there is a setting, which I can select, but it doesn't stick to what it has been set to ...

Now to the reasons on why to stick with Win10, at least for me, is because CSGO runs 2/3 fps on Win11 compared to Win10. This is true with different other older / legacy games. While on Win10, CSGO runs 350+ fps, on Win11, it runs 230+ fps. New games might run +1 or +2 fps better on Win11 and into the future, newer engines might be able to capitalize more on the way how the CPU is being utilized while playing games on Win11 and the difference might increase, but right now, as I do play CSGO, there are only disadvantages for me when considering to upgrade. Everything runs super-silky-smooth under Win10 and lets face it, by the time Win10 ends its support, we're all going to have new PCs and will be preparing towards Win12.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128362-Z590-E-Gaming-wifi-BIOS-PTT-and-Secure-boot-setting...

Mind posting here? Perhaps thye just are completely unaware and more posts helps speed this up.

Nuckels wrote:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128362-Z590-E-Gaming-wifi-BIOS-PTT-and-Secure-boot-setting...

Mind posting here? Perhaps thye just are completely unaware and more posts helps speed this up.

had a thread running on this earlier:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127533-Bug-M13H-BIOS-v1007-amp-v1202-don-t-allow-to-change...

Noone cares. Don't expect anyone to come and to explain. User guide is all we get, everything else, we have to figure on our own I guess.

Their support is of no help either, they will recommend you to clear CMOS and change the CMOS battery ... (:

G__David
Level 9
brettpage wrote:
2022/03/03

ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO BIOS 1301
01. Improve DRAM compatibility
***snip***

Does anyone know if the memory compatibility list has been updated as a result, any other modules / kits are now cleared for use?

sdmf74
Level 11
Yep no problem, maybe it's intentional. Why again do you want to keep it disabled?
Are you planning on staying on windows 10 or something? If so why? Just curious
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

sdmf74 wrote:
Yep no problem, maybe it's intentional. Why again do you want to keep it disabled?
Are you planning on staying on windows 10 or something? If so why? Just curious

Have no interest in Windows 11 for now, I use certain outdated drivers for custom peripherals that don't work with it enabled. Can't be arsed with the inevitable nagging of it wanting to update. Final most important reason, knowing windows they will at some point try to sneak a force update to 11 in like they did with 10 and last thing I want is to go sit behind my computer and be on a new OS without my approval.