Just wondering if there are any updates from the dev/engineering team at ASUS. It almost feels like this thread/issue has been forgotten about?
I've RMA'd my board back but I'm concerned if its gets replaced I may have the same issue re-occur with the replacement... and By Jingo that would suck.
Has anyone got any ideas what the cause of this fault is outside of knowing its motherboard related? Would it be better to just get a refund or go to a different Z490-I miniITX branded board?
So I RMA'd my board back, with CPU & RAM so the vendor could test and determine the cause of the fault (3-4 weeks later)........
........I have spoke again to the supplier and they have asked for all 3 components to be sent back again for further testing. They have advised the issue is still RAM and the RAM not being on QVL. They have also advised that 2x32GB kits are relativity new and there are many compatibility issues with them. They are going to test with different 2x32gb kits on QVL and see what works. I have my doubts on this and I suspect they will get the same issue regardless of kit as it does appear to be a memory controller/dual channel issue with XMP on from the above test results.
Out of interest RAM kit I'm using is Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB (2x32GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 (CMK64GX4M2E3200C16) for anyone that wants to know.
Looks like I'm without a computer again for another 3-4 weeks.
It seem that Asus abandon z490i or intel 10 gen board, they don't have enough memory test before launch to the market. ROG Z490-i QVL is a joke, I compared it with ROG X570i QVL, it have much more ram listed, for example, G.skill 3600, Z490i have only 4 listed, but x570i have over 40 ram listed......
Still waiting for the next BIOS non-beta update, if next update cannot solve the issue, I will change to other brand.....and I suggested this to everyone who have the same issue.:mad:
QVL ram is not the problem, all 3 ram sets i have are listed on Z490-i QVL.. and all three do not work
Bios has not been updated in over 2 months...
im thinking its not high priorety for ASUS or they dont have manpower to properly address this, tyhis also may be due to COVID issues
eventually i have no doubt it will be fixed, just not for a long while, and i can no longer afford to wait.
im going to be moving toward the gigabit 10th gen ITX board.. anyone have any other suggestions?