cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic - Windows 10 Z590 "Intel - System - xxxx.xxx" Pending Download - stuck

McIrish
Level 7
Intel - System - 2131.1.4.0

I've got a ROG Maximus XIII Hero and did a fresh install of Windows 10 last week. All is working fine but when I check for updates, I have one that is stuck on pending download. I've tried all the usual things like disabling BITS and Windows update and then renaming the SoftwareDistrbution folder and rebooting. Still, the Intel - System (whatever it is, says it is pending download. I did download the Intel driver updater/advisor and ran that. It updated a couple things but this one remains. So far, I chose to ignore it but I was wondering if any of you have run into anything like that before?

Thanks for the help
5 REPLIES 5

Saltgrass
Level 13
That appears to be the driver for the Intel Management Engine in the Device Manager, System devices section.

I had a driver stuck in the Insider DEV channel install and it had already been installed but would not go away. The driver being mentioned is the current one for that device.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Any ideas how to get that to clear out of the Windows Update window? I'm just not sure if it might prevent other updates from being installed. Do I try uninstalling the IME driver and let Windows get it again?

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Follow this process :

- If you see Intel Management Engine Components in your apps installed (Start > Settings > Apps) : Uninstall them then restart your PC
- Launch Driver Store Explorer as admin > Check the boxes of all versions of these drivers .inf (if you find them) : heci.inf | dal.inf | dal_wc.inf | iclsclient.inf | lms.inf | wiman_wlan_extension.inf | wiman.inf | mesrl.inf | wmi.inf
- Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC
- Download the Intel MEI drivers package from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA/VMD (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)
- Follow the Install/Update Process

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the Install/Update Process.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Follow this process :

- If you see Intel Management Engine Components in your apps installed (Start > Settings > Apps) : Uninstall them then restart your PC
- Launch Driver Store Explorer as admin > Check the boxes of all versions of these drivers .inf (if you find them) : heci.inf | dal.inf | dal_wc.inf | iclsclient.inf | lms.inf | wiman_wlan_extension.inf | wiman.inf | mesrl.inf | mewmiprov.inf
- Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC
- Download the Intel MEI drivers package from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA/VMD (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the Install/Update Process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Follow this process :

- Launch Driver Store Explorer as admin > Check the boxes of all versions of these drivers .inf (if you find them) : heci.inf | dal.inf | dal_wc.inf | iclsclient.inf | lms.inf | wiman_wlan_extension.inf | wiman.inf | mesrl.inf | mewmiprov.inf

You are a genius! I followed the steps and then stopped the update services again and renamed the SoftwareDistribution and catroot2 folder. Then I emptied the temp directory and ran windows update again. It found one intel download and it installed. Problem solved!

Thanks so much!