cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 1301 PRIME Z590-A Bios - worth upgrading?

Romarco
Level 7
Is there anyone knowing whether the recent Bios updates (1202, 1301) do actually provide tangible improvements in performance and stability?
My PRIME Z590-A still runs the nearly one year old 0704 Bios, which seems to behave well as far as my needs are concerned.

Based on your experience, do you think I would actually benefit from upgrading?
3 REPLIES 3

Nuckels
Level 8
Romarco wrote:
Is there anyone knowing whether the recent Bios updates (1202, 1301) do actually provide tangible improvements in performance and stability?
My PRIME Z590-A still runs the nearly one year old 0704 Bios, which seems to behave well as far as my needs are concerned.

Based on your experience, do you think I would actually benefit from upgrading?

Sometimes it offers a slight performance increase, just try it and if you run into issues can always roll back. I do know that 1201 and 0902 force enabled PTT/TPM2.0 and it woudn't turn off so I hope that's resolved.

Faster boot. I'm in.

sdmf74
Level 11
Its Always worth updating bios, unless you dont know what you are doing that is.
Its still a little early to tell cause Im still inputting my bios profiles but so far its looking like Im able to achieve the same overclocks with Less Voltage!

Anyone else redo or retest their overclocks from the last bios to 1301? Were you able to decrease vcore & retain stability?
Im gonna keep testing but I always update my bios & never had any problems (Bios firmware isnt like a microsoft patch).
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA