cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) Bluetooth No Longer Working

sabevissia
Level 7
For some reason bluetooth just took a nosedive on my PC here. The BT Support Service is running, restarts with no error. I can see the BT Network Connection listed under Network Connections in the control panel. It's status is always "Not connected" and I can't get it to connect. In the Device Manager I see a disconnected device named "IBtUsb_Filter_00" that the Device Manager thinks is disconnected from the PC. There is also a device named "SdlRouterService" when I am able to pair my phone (or any other device) with my PC. But I still can't get call or audio support via Bluetooth, just initial pairing.

At this point I am pretty sure the BT adapter has taken its last breath and is dead in the water. So does anybody know what the recommended Wireless Cards are for this motherboard? Something I can slip into one of the PCI slots that handles both BT and Wi-Fi for me. Unless someone else has another suggestion to try to bring BT support back to the built-in motherboard support.
2 REPLIES 2

Saltgrass
Level 13
First, in case you did not know, there is a Z390 forum which may have more info.

In my system, I have never used the Bluetooth network since it does not connect to Bluetooth devices such as headsets. Are you using it to connect to other devices , such as computers or maybe phones and such?

I would not think your Bluetooth has stopped working but you may need to reinstall the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers for that device.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Yeah my bad on the wrong forum. Will post it in the right location now. Thanks for pointing that out.