Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus 13 Hero new Bios 0707

sl910
Level 7
A new BIOS has been released for the Maximus 13 Hero:

Version: 0707, 2021 april 28

Link: https://rog.asus.com/fr/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-hero-model/helpdesk_bios

Release notes: The latest UEFI BIOS updates enable Intel ABT for 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900K and i9-11900KF processors

Regards

sl91
18 REPLIES 18

EncodeGR
Level 9
sl910 wrote:
A new BIOS has been released for the Maximus 13 Hero:

Version: 0707, 2021 april 28

Link: https://rog.asus.com/fr/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-hero-model/helpdesk_bios

Release notes: The latest UEFI BIOS updates enable Intel ABT for 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900K and i9-11900KF processors

Regards

sl91

Uhm, i don't see any new Bios. Did refresh a couple of times, cleared cache as well.
Latest Bios for me is the 0704 (Beta).

** UPDATE: Never mind, it just showed up. Very poor release logs / noted though... People need to know what is fixed, and what is not.
And that's because older bios versions had a lot of issues.

Saltgrass
Level 13
My download site does not yet show it either. Of course, mine is in the US, not where the link goes.. 😉

I have had some situations with my board Blue Screening and freezing during game play and benchmarking. I have changed the XMP settings but since I am already seeing some problems, I wonder if ABT (Adaptive Boost Technology) would aggravate the situation.

Edit: Oh, sorry. I already have the 704 version on the US site which enables ABT and it was released on 3/30/2021. I wonder if it is already involved with certain situations..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
My download site does not yet show it either. Of course, mine is in the US, not where the link goes.. 😉

I have had some situations with my board Blue Screening and freezing during game play and benchmarking. I have changed the XMP settings but since I am already seeing some problems, I wonder if ABT (Adaptive Boost Technology) would aggravate the situation.

Edit: Oh, sorry. I already have the 704 version on the US site which enables ABT and it was released on 3/30/2021. I wonder if it is already involved with certain situations..

Hi,

Have you tried to switch off HT in the Bios and observe the behaviour for a few days, everything else unchanged of course.

In my case (M13H+11900K+RTX3090+64GB 3200):

-HT on , ABT on or off: many Bsod clock.watchdog.timeout, really frustrating
-HT off, ABT on: everything works smoothly

sl91

This BIOS seems to fix the "balanced power mode not turboing after idle" issue reported on another thread.

sl910 wrote:
Hi,

Have you tried to switch off HT in the Bios and observe the behaviour for a few days, everything else unchanged of course.

sl91

It appears it is already disabled, I had not looked in the Bios to check.. Thanks for letting me know..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

sl910 wrote:
Hi,

In my case (M13H+11900K+RTX3090+64GB 3200):

-HT on , ABT on or off: many Bsod clock.watchdog.timeout, really frustrating
-HT off, ABT on: everything works smoothly

sl91

even on 0707?

In my case, not tested with this new BIOS. I will give it a try, i.e. HT enabled

Regards

sl91

sl910 wrote:
In my case, not tested with this new BIOS. I will give it a try, i.e. HT enabled

Regards

sl91

Same behaviour with Bios 0707:
-HT OFF, no BSOD
-HT ON, BSOD's

Regards

SVID Behavior needs to be set to "Intel's Failsafe". ASUS defaults are too aggressive and result in BSODs (both in my 11700K and 11900K + ADT). Doing that, ADT works fine regarding stability; but about performance, I'd like to kindly ask @shamino about how does ADT relate to the MCE and CPU Core Ratio settings. (It seems that CPU Core Ratio overrides ADT behavior, for instance.)