cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intel 1225-v (3) event ID 27

Yuniel
Level 10
a question , sorry maybe is a newbie question nut i have no idea , is possible a bios update also can update the nvm firmware ?, beacuse i never ever update to 1.57 , and i had the 1.45 (i swer god me and my friend both in the PC we install the firmware 1.45 provide by asus page using firmware tool and the installation of the firmware sucessful wich lead me i had old version than 1.45 or i had 1.45 and simple the installation overwrite same version 1.45), idk if the bios 2403 or the 2601 is the two bios i update after i update the nvm firmware (internet I225-v (3) firmware) 8 months ago , beacuse now after a full clean installation in event view i get this
The description for Event ID 27 from source e2fexpress cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V

I using last driver 1.1.3.28 , idk how i end having from 1.45 to 1.57 firmware nvm , in result i have problem with the internet when i click to some random website the page say (firefox) you are no connect to internet and try again and i click try again and got into the page , my version (revision) is (3) is supposed to fix the problem have the chip I225-v version 1 and 2 , but aparently some people with revision 3 still facing the problem , i do the same 8 months ago try to install firmware 1.45 nvm but simple now say error cant install it
- does the bios updates can also contain nvm firmware if they want to ? or is imposibly a bios update cant also update any nvm firmware ?

z490 mobo

i want to add , i try marvel port (i guess is diferent than 1225-v of intel right ?) , also i dont connect any cable into marvel port or intel 2.5 port and connect via wifi my mobo asus xii formula have wifi problem persist with the internet , and also i remove the router i connect direct to modem to try osilate but problem persist , router dont have problem , the internet giving me headpain beacuse wifi , marvel port and intel 2.5 gb port all no any resolve the problem , but in the event ID say intel Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V causing issues , and idk if this event id is also relate to internet too
event ID 10016
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
to the user HOME-PC\Yuniel SID (*aloot numbers*) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

aparently revision 3 is no free of this bug about the internet problem
https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/se48sv/i225_v3_random_loss_of_wired_network/
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e2fexpress-id27-issues-from-intelr-ethernet/d4...
17 REPLIES 17

if the firmware for the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V is updated, the cable must be disconnected and the power turned off after installation, otherwise it will not work properly. Intel has instructions for proper installation on its website, it's good to have a look.

Bison963 wrote:
if the firmware for the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V is updated, the cable must be disconnected and the power turned off after installation, otherwise it will not work properly. Intel has instructions for proper installation on its website, it's good to have a look.

i know that , but my firmware is above of the intel 1.45 , my mothergboard is revision 3 (v3) , is not compatible the firmware intel are offering to the mobo vo3 , that for rev 2 or rev1 , my internet work properly , but idk why in the event viewver say this
The description for Event ID 27 from source e2fexpress cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

but this dont affect the performance of the internet no , drop connection no slow speed , nothing , also i have the marvell port just in case , but i using the intel 2.5 gb

Yuniel
Level 10
even i go to device manager click on internet I225 and say This device is working properly. , has problem : false , is connected : true , no conflit with firmware

Wired_driver_27.6_x64.zip from Intel's I225-V downloads page fixes the problem of no description for the event. It changes the driver from e2fexpress to e2fnexpress version 2.1.1.7. Event 27 (and the related event 57, which similarly had no description in the old driver) is still logged, but now has a description.

27 (Warning) is simply "Network link is disconnected.", which is just log noise from the interface initialising (assuming you are not actually experiencing any connectivity issues and just getting the event on boot).

57 (Information) is simply "Network link has been established at 2.5Gbps full duplex.", just confirming the link is up a few seconds after the 27 above. I've not tested it, but I assume lower link speeds will log the same event with just lower speed in the text.

If they are just on boot or interface initialisation, ignore them both. They are just normal noise from the driver starting and the interface coming up. 27 would only indicate a problem if it's being logged at other times, when the link/interface status shouldn't have changed.

Murph_9000 wrote:
Wired_driver_27.6_x64.zip from Intel's I225-V downloads page fixes the problem of no description for the event. It changes the driver from e2fexpress to e2fnexpress version 2.1.1.7. Event 27 (and the related event 57, which similarly had no description in the old driver) is still logged, but now has a description.

27 (Warning) is simply "Network link is disconnected.", which is just log noise from the interface initialising (assuming you are not actually experiencing any connectivity issues and just getting the event on boot).

57 (Information) is simply "Network link has been established at 2.5Gbps full duplex.", just confirming the link is up a few seconds after the 27 above. I've not tested it, but I assume lower link speeds will log the same event with just lower speed in the text.

If they are just on boot or interface initialisation, ignore them both. They are just normal noise from the driver starting and the interface coming up. 27 would only indicate a problem if it's being logged at other times, when the link/interface status shouldn't have changed.

thanks for the info! , to make sure the installation is this one i have to click on it ? no matter if it run as administrator or no ?

Yuniel
Level 10
beacuse the driver you link is relative new 8/9/2022

Yeah, just run the Wired_driver EXE after extracting the ZIP into a folder. As long as your user account is in the local Administrators group (which it normally would be, on a standard install), it should just work, I believe. I didn't have to explicitly do a "Run as administrator" on it, but it should be safe to do that if simply running the installer hits any permission type issues.

Murph_9000 wrote:
Yeah, just run the Wired_driver EXE after extracting the ZIP into a folder. As long as your user account is in the local Administrators group (which it normally would be, on a standard install), it should just work, I believe. I didn't have to explicitly do a "Run as administrator" on it, but it should be safe to do that if simply running the installer hits any permission type issues.

sorry for the late reply mate , i install the intel as you mention and yes i'm the admin of the PC but what is new is the driver install me sometime in programs here pics
this is safe to stay installed it or unistalled ? idk if unistall using revo unistalller pro the intel network connection drivers 27.6 from programs , but idk , i just leave it that in programs and features

and the ID still show

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

i dont care anymore about this event beacuse my PC had land driver since (maybe is a ghostfrom old driver) Version 1.0.0.14 , and then windows update install another new version and then i install mokichu driver 1.1.3.28 wich is the same version of Wired_driver_27.6_x64 but without extra software just plain driver
i run troubleshoot on internet and there no issue but when i click on view more info
(update i think the troubleshoot will display the first driver the machine install for the first time , i do test in other pc and in device manager show new version but run troubleshoot display the firsty driver too) so is not a problem i guess
and i have version 1.1.3.28 , in the future when i format full clean my PC the only driver i will install is lastest one