- Intel ME Consumer Firmware :

Firmware : 14.1.72.2287 [24/06/2023]
PMC Firmware : 140.2.01.1018 [22/02/2021]
PCHC Firmware : 14.0.0.7002 [12/06/2020]
PHY Firmware : 12.14.215.2015 [25/08/2021]
Download : Link

Check/Update Process :

Check current version : Right click on "Check.cmd" > Run as administrator

Install/Update : Right click on "Install.cmd" > Run as administrator > Automatic restart when install is done

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel H470/Z490 chipset.

234 REPLIES 234

geneo wrote:
They are not official from Asus nor are from Asus.

ahhh , thanks for the tip , what what i will do i mention before only download from asus official page firmwares and bios

byfetchica
Level 7
In general, I also caught a cyclic reboot with the asus z490 APEX and intel i9-11900k. everything works with the 10850k, as I understand it, except by replacing the motherboard, I won't get rid of it? Or wait for the new ME firmware? How often do they go out?

Ataemonus
Level 11
Actually, that would be a great idea, for Mokichu to mention these are not official, it would spare him a lot of grief and questions.

Ataemonus wrote:
Actually, that would be a great idea, for Mokichu to mention these are not official, it would spare him a lot of grief and questions.

And that this version has issues as a note.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

byfetchica
Level 7
I also tried to downgrade the ME firmware, to which he replied with an error.
Here is the literal text of the error: Error 357: Update to Image with lower VCN is not allowed.
I understand there is protection, is there an opportunity to bypass it?

byfetchica wrote:
I also tried to downgrade the ME firmware, to which he replied with an error.
Here is the literal text of the error: Error 357: Update to Image with lower VCN is not allowed.
I understand there is protection, is there an opportunity to bypass it?

Not really. Tried an earlier version of the 14.1.65 firmware, which had the same SVN so it could be flashed, but it had the same issues.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

geneo wrote:
Not really.

Can I just wait for the new firmware update ME? Perhaps it will solve the problem with a cyclic reboot on the 11th generation of processors. The most interesting thing is that everything works for me now on the 10th generation, and it reboots from the 11th.

byfetchica wrote:
Can I just wait for the new firmware update ME? Perhaps it will solve the problem with a cyclic reboot on the 11th generation of processors. The most interesting thing is that everything works for me now on the 10th generation, and it reboots from the 11th.

It might, but it might not, depending on what the details of the problem are. For official releases from Asus, I wouldn't hold my breath either.

NemesisChild
Level 12
Never again install ME from a third party, lesson learned the hard way. I struggled for several hours trying to get my system to boot normally. Got it to successful post after a process of elimination of various bios settings. Can't change the BCLK or go with manual overclocking but was able to get my OC's back by syncing the cores and manual VCORE settings. Bought a refurbished STRIK Z490-E as backup.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
Never again install ME from a third party, lesson learned the hard way. I struggled for several hours trying to get my system to boot normally. Got it to successful post after a process of elimination of various bios settings. Can't change the BCLK or go with manual overclocking but was able to get my OC's back by syncing the cores and manual VCORE settings. Bought a refurbished STRIK Z490-E as backup.

thanks god or to idk who but i never learn from that kind experience , i only download bios and firmware FROM OFFICIAL PAGE RELEASE , idk why asus moderator allow to this user post link to download from mega.nz firmware for h470/z490 when he is not official worker from asus and to make it worse firmware with problems
i know i using old version (Version 14.1.53.1649V1.1) of ME the lastest from official asus page , ME intel detection tool say is vulnerable , but i use the last bios 2601 with zero problem , also i remember a asus moderator in the forum told me the ME is no very important than the bios , the bios are more important
i hope asus engineering make a real ME firmware to resolve the problem that aloot people are facing with the computer i know we are now gen 12 intel , but hello z490 is not obsolete motherboard , and no only that the post in every motherboard model of z490 example here https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xii-formula-model/helpdesk_bios , no in the forums for download the firmware in/from the forum