cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Intel Chipset Drivers :

Package : 10.1.19627.8423 WHQL [28/09/2023]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "CHIPSET_Intel_vxx.x.xxxxx.xxxx.exe"

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers : 2406.5.5.0 WHQL [08/02/2024]
DAL SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.44.2023.710 WHQL [11/07/2023]
ICLS SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.71.99.0 WHQL [06/12/2023]
WMI SoftwareComponent Driver : 2408.5.4.0 WHQL [21/02/2024]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 4xx/5xx : 18.37.7.1013 WHQL [06/02/2023]
Drivers - 2xx/3xx : 17.11.3.1010 WHQL [25/11/2022]
Drivers - 1xx : 16.8.5.1014 WHQL [13/12/2022]
Download - 4xx/5xx : Link
Download - 2xx/3xx : Link
Download - 1xx : Link

Install/Update Process :

- Press Windows key + X > Device Manager > Right-click on your Intel SATA device > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software
- Browse... > Select the extracted drivers folder (SATA_AHCI-RAID_Intel_v...) > Next

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel 1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx series chipsets (except Intel X299 chipset).

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).
759 REPLIES 759

magy77 wrote:
is it possible that the chipsetdriver in the first post is no longer the latest? think 10.1.19263.8344 is newer. am i correct?

Hi,

This is wrong, 10.1.19263.8344 is for X299 only (for which a newer 10.1.19271.8345 version is here : [DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA/VROC (X299))

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

This is wrong, 10.1.19263.8344 is for X299 only (for which a newer 10.1.19271.8345 version is here : [DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA/VROC (X299))

hmm thats weird because armoury crate is telling me that there is a new version for my z790 apex MB

kvarq
Level 11
this one was really weird
uninstalled the …*8341*version, restart, then installed as admin this version, restart and… nothing

*after restart it wouldn’t get at all in Windows*
*tried reset but nothing

had to reinstall Windows completely :))*
of course I’m gonna install …8341 driver version :))

itzjonjon69
Level 9
^^^ Also installed, and i couldn't boot into windows and kept getting BSOD for "inaccessible drive" but then booted into safe mode and reverted back and all is good.
13900KS | Z790 Apex | GSkill DDR5-8000 | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC

kvarq
Level 11
mine got so fraked that even “safe mode” or “reset” was NOT possible :))
that’s so cute losing Saturday evening installing Windows:))*

kvarq wrote:
mine got so fraked that even “safe mode� or “reset� was NOT possible )
that’s so cute losing Saturday evening installing Windows)*

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And chipset drivers ain't real driver's. You don't need to update Intel Chipset drivers. If you don't see any yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager, then let it be as is. And please make an backup with Macrium Reflect Rescue thumb drive/similar backup solutions. You are back in windows within 3.5 min if your OS fail to load. You find USB thumb drives for below 20$.

I had some sparetime and tested the chipset driver 10.1.19284.8351 WHQL [20/10/2022]. Both on top of older driver and after a driver cleanup as the guide say. See post #281. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117609-DRIVERS-Intel-Chipset-MEI-SATA-VMD-(1xx-2xx-3xx-4xx...

The OS don't load with this latest Intel Chipset driver on already running OS/machine.

@MoKiChU should put back older CHIPSET_Intel_v10.1.19222.8341driver in OP post. And link to this post why people don't need to install this driver update on a working machine and OS. Save time and don't fix it "if ain't broke".

Papusan wrote:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And chipset drivers ain't real driver's. You don't need to update Intel Chipset drivers. If you don't see any yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager, then let it be as is.
Save time and don't fix it "if ain't broke".

I completely agree. Most of the times the enemy <> is <>.
I think I just wanted a little bit more performance…Â*
Lesson learned, I’ll update just official drivers from now on
Â*Â*
Now I’m sorry I flagged this apparently I received lots of hate and bad reputation overnight:))

Z790 Apex here / cannot edit my profile since the forum was downÂ*

Superino091
Level 8
I confirm with the latest drivers BSOD for "inaccessible drive"
we would have to understand why

kvarq
Level 11
Papusan wrote:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And chipset drivers ain't real driver's. You don't need to update Intel Chipset drivers. If you don't see any yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager, then let it be as is.

I think I just wanted a little bit more performance who knows.

Lesson learned, I'll update just official drivers from now on

Now I'm sorry I flagged this apparently I received lots of hate and bad reputation overnight =))

Z790 Apex & 13900KF here / cannot edit my profile since the forum was down

kvarq
Level 11
Papusan wrote:

Lesson learned, I'll be using just the official drivers from now on

Now I'm sorry I flagged this apparently I received lots of hate and bad reputation overnight =))