cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Intel Chipset Drivers :

Package : 10.1.19627.8423 WHQL [28/09/2023]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "CHIPSET_Intel_vxx.x.xxxxx.xxxx.exe"

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers : 2406.5.5.0 WHQL [08/02/2024]
DAL SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.44.2023.710 WHQL [11/07/2023]
ICLS SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.71.99.0 WHQL [06/12/2023]
WMI SoftwareComponent Driver : 2353.5.2.0 WHQL [31/12/2023]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 4xx/5xx : 18.37.7.1013 WHQL [06/02/2023]
Drivers - 2xx/3xx : 17.11.3.1010 WHQL [25/11/2022]
Drivers - 1xx : 16.8.5.1014 WHQL [13/12/2022]
Download - 4xx/5xx : Link
Download - 2xx/3xx : Link
Download - 1xx : Link

Install/Update Process :

- Press Windows key + X > Device Manager > Right-click on your Intel SATA device > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software
- Browse... > Select the extracted drivers folder (SATA_AHCI-RAID_Intel_v...) > Next

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel 1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx series chipsets (except Intel X299 chipset).

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).
757 REPLIES 757

jamieboo wrote:
Hello there

I have a 12700K on a z690 TUF Gaming Plus Wifi D4.
I'm a bit confused about the chipset drivers.
I just downloaded and installed 10.1.19199.8340 WHQL [26/07/2022] as listed in this excellent thread.
But now if I check in Device Manager (in various System Devices or IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers - where I would expect to see the chipset driver listed) the most frequest driver I see is 10.0.19041.1889.
Am I misunderstanding something here?
Is 10.1.19199.8340 somehow failing to install? Or am I just checking in the wrong place?

Thanks
jamieboo wrote:
Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Hi,

The devices you see using drivers versions 10.0.19041.x are system devices that use system drivers that are not intended to be updated :

10.0.19041.x drivers : Windows 10 system drivers
10.0.22000.x drivers : Windows 11 21H2 system drivers
10.0.22621.x drivers : Windows 11 22H2 system drivers

If you are looking for the package version number of the Intel Chipset Drivers you are using, you can simply see it via Settings > Applications : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software.

If you are looking for the version number of the Intel Chipset Drivers you are using, use Driver Store Explorer and by looking in System devices category in the INF column for the .inf files ending with system from INTEL. You can see via the Device Name column which devices in the Device Manager use which drivers.

Note (from Intel) : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software uses an unusual date for the devices it is targeting. The date 07/18/1968 is symbolic - Intel was founded that day.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

The devices you see using drivers versions 10.0.19041.x are system devices that use system drivers that are not intended to be updated :

10.0.19041.x drivers : Windows 10 system drivers
10.0.22000.x drivers : Windows 11 21H2 system drivers
10.0.22621.x drivers : Windows 11 22H2 system drivers

If you are looking for the package version number of the Intel Chipset Drivers you are using, you can simply see it via Settings > Applications : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software.

If you are looking for the version number of the Intel Chipset Drivers you are using, use Driver Store Explorer and by looking in System devices category in the INF column for the .inf files ending with system from INTEL. You can see via the Device Name column which devices in the Device Manager use which drivers.

Note (from Intel) : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software uses an unusual date for the devices it is targeting. The date 07/18/1968 is symbolic - Intel was founded that day.

Thanks so much MoKiChU

Basically, I was trying to find out a way that I could update my usbxhci driver, and I thought it would probably be part of the chipset drivers. I've been experiencing DPC latency and using WPA has shown that usbxhci.sys is the culprit. So I guess there is no way to update this?

Thanks

jamieboo wrote:
Thanks so much MoKiChU

Basically, I was trying to find out a way that I could update my usbxhci driver, and I thought it would probably be part of the chipset drivers. I've been experiencing DPC latency and using WPA has shown that usbxhci.sys is the culprit. So I guess there is no way to update this?

Thanks

Hi,

No you can't update it, USB controller devices are managed by Microsoft since Windows 10 & system drivers must be used.

Regarding your DPC latency issue, you can try this TIPS (also visible at the bottom of the first post of all my drivers threads) :

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_util_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

Note : Normally your USB controller devices should already be in MSI mode, but the latency of other devices can impact the latency of your USB controller devices (so if your other devices are compatible with MSI mode and they are not already in MSI mode, switch them to MSI mode (by checking the msi box corresponding to the devices eligible for MSI mode > Apply > Restart your PC).

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

No you can't update it, USB controller devices are managed by Microsoft since Windows 10 & system drivers must be used.

Regarding your DPC latency issue, you can try this TIPS (also visible at the bottom of the first post of all my drivers threads) :

Note : Normally your USB controller devices should already be in MSI mode, but the latency of other devices can impact the latency of your USB controller devices (so if your other devices are compatible with MSI mode and they are not already in MSI mode, switch them to MSI mode (by checking the msi box corresponding to the devices eligible for MSI mode > Apply > Restart your PC).

Thanks MoKiChU
Yes I already have the USB controller in MSI mode.
Apologies for derailing this thread further, but do these MSI settings look ok?
I think everything that can be in MSI mode is, but what about all those PCI Express Root things.
And should some things be switched to High Priority? (Although I have heard that this can be risky)

jamieboo wrote:
Thanks MoKiChU
Yes I already have the USB controller in MSI mode.
Apologies for derailing this thread further, but do these MSI settings look ok?
I think everything that can be in MSI mode is, but what about all those PCI Express Root things.
And should some things be switched to High Priority? (Although I have heard that this can be risky)

Yes, it's OK. I don't advise you to change Interrupt Priority (either it is implemented by the driver, or priority management and relegated to the system).

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

@ Motherboards with Intel X299 chipset users : A new thread is now dedicated to you : [DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA/VROC (X299)

Thread updated.

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

Package : 10.1.19222.8341 WHQL [18/08/2022]

Thread updated.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thread updated.

These for z790 chipset as well thank you Package : 10.1.19222.8341 WHQL [18/08/2022]

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thread updated.

Thank you again MoKiChU. STAY WELL!

ahfoo
Level 13
Thank you MoKiChU :rolleyes: