cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Intel Chipset Drivers :

Package : 10.1.19627.8423 WHQL [28/09/2023]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "CHIPSET_Intel_vxx.x.xxxxx.xxxx.exe"

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers : 2406.5.5.0 WHQL [08/02/2024]
DAL SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.44.2023.710 WHQL [11/07/2023]
ICLS SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.71.99.0 WHQL [06/12/2023]
WMI SoftwareComponent Driver : 2408.5.4.0 WHQL [21/02/2024]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 4xx/5xx : 18.37.7.1013 WHQL [06/02/2023]
Drivers - 2xx/3xx : 17.11.3.1010 WHQL [25/11/2022]
Drivers - 1xx : 16.8.5.1014 WHQL [13/12/2022]
Download - 4xx/5xx : Link
Download - 2xx/3xx : Link
Download - 1xx : Link

Install/Update Process :

- Press Windows key + X > Device Manager > Right-click on your Intel SATA device > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software
- Browse... > Select the extracted drivers folder (SATA_AHCI-RAID_Intel_v...) > Next

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel 1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx series chipsets (except Intel X299 chipset).

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).
758 REPLIES 758

The latest chipset working fine on ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI) - for anyone who wondering.

broncogr
Level 10
Also not working on Maximus XII Extreme

Work in Z490 Maximus XIII

Thanks

GanjaHouse wrote:
Work in Z490 Maximus XIII

Thanks

You mean Maximus XII 🙂

Jesseinsf wrote:
You mean Maximus XII 🙂

hahahaha Yes Sir

GanjaHouse wrote:
hahahaha Yes Sir

You almost had me excited that the Z590 was available 😛

BillBittel
Level 12
Z590 probably will be available before i get the parts to build a Ryzen 5000 rig.

No Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero - Check
No AMD 5900X - Check
No Asus or EVGA RTX3080 - Check

MoKiChU
Level 40
MoKiChU wrote:
- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :
Drivers : 2040.100.0.1029 WHQL [01/10/2020]

Hi everyone,

The LMS SoftwareComponent Driver have been updated.

Thread, post & drivers package updated.

MoKiChU
Level 40
MMosquiton wrote:
Sorry but "Driver Store Explorer" report always same old version visible from Device Manager (10.1.16.7) on my asus rog strix z390-e gaming, why?
What is the method to update chipset driver?

Ty

Hi,

You have the latest version to date. What makes you thought you are not up to date ?

Anyway, it's Sunday, I'll take the time to explain a few more details :

- Intel Chipset Drivers are not "drivers" strictly speaking (unlike AMD Chipset Drivers), because they do not "drive" anything at all, they have nothing functional, they are only used to index/label hardware IDs linked to the Chipset-CPU pair, and the package contains nothing other than the installer of these "drivers" (hence the mention Drivers Only Package).

- So since they are not "drivers" strictly speaking as I explained previously, as the versions of the drivers progress (the .inf and not the package/installer itself) there are nothing that is fixed as there is nothing to fix, these are just additions of support for new hardware IDs and a new WHQL signature as the versions of Windows 10 are released. However, the package/installer may have bugfixes to improve the method of hardware detection and driver installation.

- What is the interest in this case to update Intel Chipset Drivers if they have already been installed once ?

- Be ready for a CPU or motherboard upgrade
- Have "drivers" signed WHQL in line with the latest version of Windows 10

Note : I do not advise you to install the Intel Chipset drivers from Windows Update (Optional updates), this method uses an update method suitable for "real drivers" but is unsuitable for these drivers which are not finally not technically drivers.

So to conclude these explanations, here is what you are supposed to see in your DriverStore for your Z390 (CannonLake H Chipset) + ix-9xxx series (CoffeeLake Refresh CPU) :

- CannonLake-HSystem.inf : 10.1.16.7
- CoffeelakeSystem.inf : 10.1.14.8
- SkylakeSystem.inf : 10.1.7.3

and what I see in my DriverStore for my Z370 (KabyLake H Refresh/CoffeeLake H Chipset) + i7-8700K (CoffeeLake CPU) :

- KabyLakePCH-HSystem.inf : 10.1.11.4
- CoffeelakeSystem.inf : 10.1.14.8
- SkylakeSystem.inf : 10.1.7.3

This is to show you why, unlike the other drivers that I offer, I provided the installer, because without it most people would not be able to determine which drivers (.inf) to use according to the Chipset-CPU pair.

I hope these explanations have given you or others a better understanding about Intel Chipset Drivers.

MoKiChU wrote:

I hope these explanations have given you or others a better understanding about Intel Chipset Drivers.

Ty for your detailed explanation!

I wanted to make sure I have the latest version of the chipset drivers (and not just those) because I am trying to fix a problem.
When the Turbo bios option is enabled playing Quake Champion (Full screen 1920x1080) the pc restarts to the intro screen before the match starts or at the end before the final stats.

If I play 1366x768, in window mode, the problem does not occur.
If I play 1600x1024, in window mode, the problem not always occur.
If I disable the Turbo the problem never occurs.

The PSU (enermax infiniti 720) emits 2 beeps which means
1. Power supply abnormal, protection circuit activated.
or
2. Connector terminals are short-circuited.

Have you some info about this problem?

Ty