cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Intel Chipset Drivers :

Package : 10.1.19627.8423 WHQL [28/09/2023]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "CHIPSET_Intel_vxx.x.xxxxx.xxxx.exe"

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers : 2406.5.5.0 WHQL [08/02/2024]
DAL SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.44.2023.710 WHQL [11/07/2023]
ICLS SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.71.99.0 WHQL [06/12/2023]
WMI SoftwareComponent Driver : 2353.5.2.0 WHQL [31/12/2023]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 4xx/5xx : 18.37.7.1013 WHQL [06/02/2023]
Drivers - 2xx/3xx : 17.11.3.1010 WHQL [25/11/2022]
Drivers - 1xx : 16.8.5.1014 WHQL [13/12/2022]
Download - 4xx/5xx : Link
Download - 2xx/3xx : Link
Download - 1xx : Link

Install/Update Process :

- Press Windows key + X > Device Manager > Right-click on your Intel SATA device > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software
- Browse... > Select the extracted drivers folder (SATA_AHCI-RAID_Intel_v...) > Next

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel 1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx series chipsets (except Intel X299 chipset).

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).
757 REPLIES 757

toouur
Level 7
Many thanks! With the steps above I was able to update firmware (but not with tool from your post - it still gave me communication error - but with one from Asus site) I still don't have drivers of the same version and am puzzled where to find them cause now I have:

my current firmware: 14.0.45.1389
current driver version: 2040.100.0.1029

And I believe they should be the same version?

toouur wrote:
Many thanks! With the steps above I was able to update firmware (but not with tool from your post - it still gave me communication error - but with one from Asus site) I still don't have drivers of the same version and am puzzled where to find them cause now I have:

No they should not.

toouur wrote:

MEUpdateTool
Intel has identified security issue that could potentially place impacted platform at risk.
Use ME Update tool to update your ME.
*We suggest you update ME Driver to the latest Version 14.0.45.1389V2.1 simultaneously.
Please download the file and check the MD5 code first.
MD5: a326d4ad928cc054d970924b50e7b6d6

%%%

toouur
Level 7
Oh..such a facepalm to ASUS

thanks for replies, guys!

cerenbjk
Level 7
@MoKiChU ,

When I press properties on the device manager it says device failed to load.. Is that normal?
(I installed intel me)

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A360&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_10\3&11583659&0&B0 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem89.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: MEIx64
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x15
Problem Status: 0x0

i got the same from a week ago, dont think its anything to worry about if it says its working

Wangeyed wrote:
i got the same from a week ago, dont think its anything to worry about if it says its working

Its so stupid like that, status is working but when u click details or properties whatever it was, says fail to start... What is that ?

cerenbjk wrote:
@MoKiChU ,

When I press properties on the device manager it says device failed to load.. Is that normal?
(I installed intel me)

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A360&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_10\3&11583659&0&B0 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem89.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: MEIx64
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x15
Problem Status: 0x0
Wangeyed wrote:
cerenbjk wrote:
Its so stupid like that, status is working but when u click details or properties whatever it was, says fail to start... What is that ?
Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
Maybe since all these files are INF files and not any sort of management engine software. Could be something windows is looking for and expecting to find, and it confuses windows. These inf files give "basic" MEI functionality but for our purposes here it is negligible and transparent to us as home users. That would be my guess. There is actual MEI software you could install, but would likely get no noticeable difference for it except more software on your system, more bloat, and possible compatibility issues as drivers and programs always present.

Hi,

What you (cerenbjk) are showing is not the current state of your Intel MEI device but the event log of your Intel MEI device, it simply indicates that the device did not have time to start after installing the drivers, because of the autorestart too fast (after install). So :

I added a 5 sec delay before autorestart, you won't see this message in the event log anymore. Driver package updated.

Follow this process :

- Re-download the Intel MEI drivers package from the first post of this thread
- Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of these drivers .inf (if you find them) : heci.inf | dal.inf | dal_wc.inf | iclsclient.inf | lms.inf
- Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button (don't restart your PC)
- Follow the Install/Update Process

Guitarmageddon1
Level 9
Maybe since all these files are INF files and not any sort of management engine software. Could be something windows is looking for and expecting to find, and it confuses windows. These inf files give "basic" MEI functionality but for our purposes here it is negligible and transparent to us as home users. That would be my guess. There is actual MEI software you could install, but would likely get no noticeable difference for it except more software on your system, more bloat, and possible compatibility issues as drivers and programs always present.

piratino
Level 9
Hello there!

Haven't updated the MEI drivers in a while as, I don't why, the forums hasn't informed me about any new posts, even if I have instant notifications..

I have noticed that there is an update for the MEI driver, but no update for the ME fw. I have just updated the driver and everything is ok.

Regarding the update, why is it ok to have newer drivers on old fw? I really though that MEI drv and ME fw were coming a bit along...

Thank you so much for your help. You are really a game changer. I would buy you a coffee/beer if it would be possible. 🙂