cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Intel Chipset Drivers :

Package : 10.1.19627.8423 WHQL [28/09/2023]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "CHIPSET_Intel_vxx.x.xxxxx.xxxx.exe"

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers : 2406.5.5.0 WHQL [08/02/2024]
DAL SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.44.2023.710 WHQL [11/07/2023]
ICLS SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.71.99.0 WHQL [06/12/2023]
WMI SoftwareComponent Driver : 2353.5.2.0 WHQL [31/12/2023]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 4xx/5xx : 18.37.7.1013 WHQL [06/02/2023]
Drivers - 2xx/3xx : 17.11.3.1010 WHQL [25/11/2022]
Drivers - 1xx : 16.8.5.1014 WHQL [13/12/2022]
Download - 4xx/5xx : Link
Download - 2xx/3xx : Link
Download - 1xx : Link

Install/Update Process :

- Press Windows key + X > Device Manager > Right-click on your Intel SATA device > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software
- Browse... > Select the extracted drivers folder (SATA_AHCI-RAID_Intel_v...) > Next

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel 1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx series chipsets (except Intel X299 chipset).

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).
757 REPLIES 757

pinkfloyd1173 wrote:
Hey Mr. M

For some resason I can not update this driver? I am following your intructions and still will not update?

Is there another way to install chipset driver?

UPDATE:

This driver is installed, checked in apps and I see the correct driver number. I also checked in the "driver store explorer" but it is not showing the updated driver, still showing the old one? It is also showing the old one when I check in device manager too?

Hi,

If you are looking for the version number of the package you are using, you can simply see it via Control Panel > Programs and Features or via Settings > Applications : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software (you should see 10.1.18295.8201).

If you are looking for the version number of the drivers you are using, use Driver Store Explorer and by looking in System devices category in the INF column for the .inf files ending with system from Intel. You can see via the Device Name column which devices in the Device Manager use which drivers (since you have Z390 like Sineira1, you should see the same thing as Sineira1 in his screenshot just above).

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

If you are looking for the version number of the package you are using, you can simply see it via Control Panel > Programs and Features or via Settings > Applications : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software.

If you are looking for the version number of the drivers you are using, use Driver Store Explorer and by looking in System devices category in the INF column for the .inf files ending with system from Intel. You can see via the Device Name column which devices in the Device Manager use which drivers.

I see thank you for this information MR. M, you are the best!!
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

the ones that have the date as 1968 seem to never change.

Jesseinsf wrote:
the ones that have the date as 1968 seem to never change.

Hi,

Here is the explanation : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117609-DRIVERS-Intel-Chipset-Ethernet-MEI-SATA-(1xx-2xx-3x...
MoKiChU wrote:
Note (from Intel) : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software uses an unusual date for the devices it is targeting. The date 07/18/1968 is symbolic - Intel was founded that day. The reason this date is used is to lower the rank of Intel(R) Chipset Device Software. This is necessary because it's a supporting utility that should not overwrite any other drivers.

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
Welcome back! Don't let anyone get under your skin or tell you what you should or shouldn't do! Keep it up 🙂

BillBittel
Level 12
I am so glad to see you back MoKichU !! I just downloaded 5 updates. Thank You!

I-Siamak-I
Level 7
@MoKiChU ,

Question for you, in regards to ME Drivers, is it necessary to install the components as well? ( DAL SoftwareComponent, ICLS SoftwareComponent, LMS SoftwareComponent )
What are these good for?

I-Siamak-I wrote:
@MoKiChU ,

Question for you, in regards to ME Drivers, is it necessary to install the components as well? ( DAL SoftwareComponent, ICLS SoftwareComponent, LMS SoftwareComponent )
What are these good for?

Hi,

If you don't install the Intel MEI SWC drivers (DAL, ICLS & LMS), Windows Update will do it for you with older versions than the ones I provided. The install order of these SWC drivers is initied by Intel MEI drivers itself.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

If you don't install the Intel MEI SWC drivers (DAL, ICLS & LMS), Windows Update will do it for you with older versions than the ones I provided. The install order of these SWC drivers is initied by Intel MEI drivers itself.

Thank you for the response, so basically I will:

1. Install ME Driver
2. Install DAL
3. Install ICLS
4. Install LMS

and Done?

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 2xx/3xx/4xx : 17.8.8.1072 WHQL [18/03/2020]

Thread updated.