cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Intel Chipset Drivers :

Package : 10.1.19627.8423 WHQL [28/09/2023]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "CHIPSET_Intel_vxx.x.xxxxx.xxxx.exe"

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers : 2406.5.5.0 WHQL [08/02/2024]
DAL SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.44.2023.710 WHQL [11/07/2023]
ICLS SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.71.99.0 WHQL [06/12/2023]
WMI SoftwareComponent Driver : 2353.5.2.0 WHQL [31/12/2023]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 4xx/5xx : 18.37.7.1013 WHQL [06/02/2023]
Drivers - 2xx/3xx : 17.11.3.1010 WHQL [25/11/2022]
Drivers - 1xx : 16.8.5.1014 WHQL [13/12/2022]
Download - 4xx/5xx : Link
Download - 2xx/3xx : Link
Download - 1xx : Link

Install/Update Process :

- Press Windows key + X > Device Manager > Right-click on your Intel SATA device > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software
- Browse... > Select the extracted drivers folder (SATA_AHCI-RAID_Intel_v...) > Next

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel 1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx series chipsets (except Intel X299 chipset).

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).
757 REPLIES 757

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi everyone,

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :
Drivers - 3xx/4xx : 17.8.8.1072 WHQL [18/03/2020]
Download - 3xx/4xx : Link

Thread updated.

Thank you very much! Have one question: i have Maximus IX Hero motherboard (z270), but found hardware id of my AHCI controller in iaAHCIC.inf from this latest drivers for 3xx/4xx, they're installing well. Should i keep 3xx/4xx version or use 1xx/2xx?

Sineira1
Level 9
How do I verify the Chipset drivers were installed?

Sineira1 wrote:
How do I verify the Chipset drivers were installed?

Hi,

You can see the version of the package in your installed apps (Windows Settings > Apps).

If you want see the drivers versions, the easiest and fastest way is to use Driver Store Explorer (because the devices are different according to the motherboards) by looking in System devices at the Intel .inf ending with system and which have the field of the last column Device Name filled.

Note (from Intel) : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software uses an unusual date for the devices it is targeting. The date 07/18/1968 is symbolic - Intel was founded that day. The reason this date is used is to lower the rank of Intel(R) Chipset Device Software. This is necessary because it's a supporting utility that should not overwrite any other drivers.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You can see the version of the package in your installed apps (Windows Settings > Apps).

If you want see the drivers versions, the easiest and fastest way is to use Driver Store Explorer (because the devices are different according to the motherboards) by looking in System devices at the Intel .inf ending with system and which have the field of the last column Device Name filled.

Note (from Intel) : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software uses an unusual date for the devices it is targeting. The date 07/18/1968 is symbolic - Intel was founded that day. The reason this date is used is to lower the rank of Intel(R) Chipset Device Software. This is necessary because it's a supporting utility that should not overwrite any other drivers.

Ok, these are the only ones I see with a date like that. Not the same version number. Wrong or correct?

is chipset are important to install driver if we are using gpu on that mobo

piratino wrote:
Quick question regarding SATA controller: in case of having a classic sata hdd attached to one of the sata connectors to the motherboard, placed as an extra storage next to the NVMe dedicated to Windows, would this hdd need to have the SATA controller active in bios so for it to regularly be seen by Windows at boot?

I haven't tried to disable the SATA controller in this machine to see if the hdd doesn't show up at boot, as I have some tasks on that disk ruining at startup that is a bit complicated to pause, so sorry for maybe asking a silly and rather easy question to check my self.

Thank you.

Hi,

If an SATA HDD is used, of course, SATA controller must keeped enabled (and therefore the SATA AHCI drivers is needed).

walishah3211 wrote:
is chipset are important to install driver if we are using gpu on that mobo

Hi,

I don't understand why you are making a link between a GPU and the chipset drivers of your motherboard ? Unless you think wrongly that the chipset drivers are iGPU drivers.

But to answer you simply, yes the chipset drivers are necessary, whether you are using a dedicated GPU or you are using the iGPU of your CPU.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

If an SATA HDD is used, of course, SATA controller must keeped enabled (and therefore the SATA AHCI drivers is needed).

Thank you for the confirmation!!!

Hi MoKiChU

Sorry for what might be an obvious question but regarding the Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers is it only the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Software that's not included when compared to the download available from Asus here?

D3SOL4TE wrote:
Hi MoKiChU

Sorry for what might be an obvious question but regarding the Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers is it only the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Software that's not included when compared to the download available from Asus here?

Hi,

Correct : Drivers Only (as indicated in the title of the drivers) vs Drivers & Software.

zocker wrote:
TurboV Core 1.10.07 says "Please install Intel MEI Driver from ASUS Support CD."
And sometimes AISuite3 says too that the MEI Driver is not installed.
I have Windows reinstalled and same "Error" but System runs fine.
And why is a 1# after the Intel MEI Driver?!
I tried different Versions but all the same.

The FW is Unknown

I have flashed the latest FW from here.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117768-FIRMWARE-Intel-ME-(Z490)

Hi,

Everything you show us is normal ("#1 at then end of the Device Name of the Intel MEI, "Unknown" in Date and Manufacturer in firmware tab of Intel MEI driver proprieties).

Regarding the error messages of the 2 ASUS tools that you quote, it is probably that they do not recognize the new Intel MEI drivers or that they want to see a specific version of drivers.

So you have the choice :

- Either you install the Intel MEI drivers from your motherboard support page, and if the issue persists, contact ASUS.
- Either ignore these error messages until new versions of these ASUS apps are released (taking into account the most recent Intel MEI drivers), if necessary contact ASUS so that they update/fix their apps.

MoKiChU wrote:

So you have the choice :

- Either you install the Intel MEI drivers from your motherboard support page, and if the issue persists, contact ASUS.
- Either ignore these error messages until new versions of these ASUS apps are released (taking into account the most recent Intel MEI drivers), if necessary contact ASUS so that they update/fix their apps.

Thanks, i will contact ASUS.
i7-13700K
TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS
ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus
32GB Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX5M2B5600C36
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (System)
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB (Gaming)