cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU usage/load not reported correclty in various monitoring softwares

zeezbrah
Level 7
Hi

Updated to Windows 11 22H2 yesterday and CPU usage/load not reported correclty in various monitoring softwares.
Basically HWMonitor, NZXT CAM, Core Temp, Armoury Crate report CPU usage 1-5%. Played Battlefield 2042 and CPU usage was 1-5%, performance was not impacted. Task manager is like how it is, reporting various usages. If i launch stress tests then monitoring software reprots 100%.

Asus ROG Strix Z590-F Gaming Wifi BIOS 1402 (latest) + i7 11700K

Wanted to check if my drivers are updated but the ASUS support page is not updated I think. What should i check? Chipset? Intel ME?

I found this, do I need to install it:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/682431/intel-management-engine-drivers-for-windows-...

Armoury crate reports Intel ME 2131.1.4.0 as installed.
3 REPLIES 3

DerFunk3r
Level 8
I have the same "problem" since i made a clean install of windows 11 22H2 with Windows Media Creation Tool.

HWMonitor mostly only shows a cpu utilization of 1-5 % while playing games. The new taskmanager shows the correct value.

Harware: Asus ROG Strix Z590-E, i7 11700k, Asus TUF Gaming 3080TI OC

UEFI and GPU drivers are up to date.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Here is the reason:

MSI Afterburner 4.6.5 Beta 2

CPU usage sensors have been switched to alternate data source to bypass wrong CPU usage reporting on 22H2 due to broken idle times returned by NtQuerySystemInformation(SystemProcessorPerformanceInformation)

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

geneo wrote:
Here is the reason:

MSI Afterburner 4.6.5 Beta 2

CPU usage sensors have been switched to alternate data source to bypass wrong CPU usage reporting on 22H2 due to broken idle times returned by NtQuerySystemInformation(SystemProcessorPerformanceInformation)

I wonder what "switched to alternate data source" means. Strange bug or design choice whatever it is.