cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: M13H BIOS v1007 & v1202 don't allow to change TPP setting

kubr0
Level 7
hi all,

I only seen one report of this bug so far from Ataemonus here and didn't believe what he was saying at first. Was only using 1007 for roughly a week and haven't encountered this, but now, after being two weeks on v1202 it started happening on my system too.

The TPM setting TPP is set to enabled by default in these BIOS versions due to Windows 11, which is fine. Immediately after upgrading BIOS, I set it again manually to disabled to prevent MS from pushing Windows 11 on my system. After doing this, I was always going into BIOS first when starting my PC to verify if the setting is still at "disabled", to see if Ataemonus was right. At first it seemed he wasn't, but yesterday, after being 2 weeks on v1202, it happened for me too. Suddenly the TPP setting was set to enabled and even though I was changing it to disabled, it always reverted itself back to enabled. I haven't made any changes to the system since I flashed v1202 and set it up. Re-flashing the BIOS or loading BIOS defaults doesn't seem to help. Once it started happening, it will always revert back to enabled. Had to flash back to v0902 to be able to control the TPP setting again. I was expecting better from a 500$ mobo. I guess ASUS isn't testing on Win 10 anymore, since its all "wInDoWs 11" now right?
5 REPLIES 5

Ataemonus
Level 11
It's not a bug, it's a feature, looks like.
Also, does not matter what Windows version you have, those BIOS settings are ... well, BIOS settings, not influenced by Windows.

Try setting TPM to Firmware, then in the Firmware PTT or whatever it's called disable everything you can. That way at least TPM is partially disabled.

Ataemonus wrote:
It's not a bug, it's a feature, looks like.
Also, does not matter what Windows version you have, those BIOS settings are ... well, BIOS settings, not influenced by Windows.

I wonder what is the point of offering such option in BIOS then? It defo feels broken rn.

Ataemonus wrote:
Try setting TPM to Firmware, then in the Firmware PTT or whatever it's called disable everything you can. That way at least TPM is partially disabled.

I immediately recalled that you were advising this earlier, yup. There is a separate section for the TPM module, which I set to disabled, but while TPP is still enabled, Windows 10 is still indicating that I'm eligible for upgrade, even though the TPM module in the separate advanced BIOS menu is set to disabled. I just don't get this ... wtf Asus

Ataemonus
Level 11
Probably forced upon by Intel and/or Microsoft, to earn the Windows 11 Compatible logo and such.
Sadly, as Windows 11 is the future, we have to get used to this 😞

Ataemonus wrote:
Probably forced upon by Intel and/or Microsoft, to earn the Windows 11 Compatible logo and such.
Sadly, as Windows 11 is the future, we have to get used to this 😞

I definitely disagree. As you said previously, I do not like the idea at all that I am not the one at full control at my PC. Now if it needs to be switched on, just don't offer the possibility to disable it at all. Its either a bug or there is some serious lack of ASUS documentation (or changelogs for BIOS, as the behavior changes going from 0902 to 1007), as it seems virtually impossible to find out anything more on it. Their support will suggest you clear CMOS or change the CMOS battery ... pathetic

Ataemonus
Level 11
I hate the idea as well, but what can we do ? I think all motherboard manufacturers enfore the TPM to enabled with the Windows 11 compatible BIOSes, given how Gigabyte does it as well.