cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bios 1701 problems

afanselcuk
Level 7
WORKAROUND FIX: SVID SUPPORT DISABLE


2 hours ago I saw the new bios update 1701 and updated my bios. I used USB stick to update. After the update, I cant boot into windows. I have 2 m2 SSD pcie express 3.0. When my pc tries to go into windows, it just freezes. I have to cut the power. I can go into bios but cant even boot into USB to try reformating windows. When I try to boot into USB it freeze again. Also I tried to roll back bios to the previous version using flashback and Ez flash, I get not proper bios file error. Also, flashback just stuck with green light.


TLDR: Cant boot into windows, freezes.
Flashback and Ez Flash wont let me rollback.

I managed to roll back to older version but problem still persists. When pc try to boot m2 ssd or windows usb. It freezes. It was working just fine before I update this version. What would be the cause to freeze when loading windows or usb stick.
858 Views
30 REPLIES 30

Vasily_Nagornyk
Level 7
"The computer case is open. Please make sure the computer case is closed properly" every time I turn the power off.

sdmf74
Level 11
Did you try a clr cmos? and press F5 in bios after flashing 1701?
Also try unplugging the power supply then press the power button on the front of the case for 10 seconds, plug psu back in and retest
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

sdmf74
Level 11
Thanks @Kubro for the feedback, Hopefully Asus fixed the ongoing APSM issue.

Please for God's sake Asus put the dates back on the driver download page!? Who's brilliant idea was it to remove the dates on the driver's? When you find out fire them immediately.
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

sdmf74 wrote:
Thanks @Kubro for the feedback, Hopefully Asus fixed the ongoing APSM issue.

Please for God's sake Asus put the dates back on the driver download page!? Who's brilliant idea was it to remove the dates on the driver's? When you find out fire them immediately.


after over a month, it seems they finally understood. Its supposed to happen within January:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?131634-Frustrating-Update-to-ASUS-Support-Drivers-amp-Tool...

kubr0 wrote:
after over a month, it seems they finally understood. Its supposed to happen within January:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?131634-Frustrating-Update-to-ASUS-Support-Drivers-amp-Tool...


The dates are back on my graphics card and router pages.

Now if we only didn't have to select a device name for the device support page we are on. I guess that's another months work.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

sdmf74
Level 11
Awesome, dates are back. THANKS ASUS! IDK why they removed them In the first place? Perhaps trying to force us to use Armoury Crate for driver updates? NO BUENO!
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

jrmpt
Level 8
Hi. I'm with a Prime Z590-A. After the bios update, my PC no longer enters stand-by mode (monitor/system). Can this be related?

jrmpt wrote:
Hi. I'm with a Prime Z590-A. After the bios update, my PC no longer enters stand-by mode (monitor/system). Can this be related?


Did you update your Intel MEI/ME firmware before flashing bios? Also, it is a good idea to clear CMOS or load-optimized defaults, because sometimes settings bug out for some reason.

afanselcuk wrote:
Did you update your Intel MEI/ME firmware before flashing bios? Also, it is a good idea to clear CMOS or load-optimized defaults, because sometimes settings bug out for some reason.


Hello, I updated the ME to 15.0.42.2235 when updating to FW 1601. This time I only loaded the 1701, F5 and working from there.

jrmpt
Level 8
I found out that my gamepad was preventing the PC from sleeping.