cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta BIOS for TUF Gaming Z490 Plus

jdgesmlls
Level 7
I just picked up a EVGA 3060 XC and pre-ordered an 11700K to use with my TUF Gaming Z490 Plus WiFi. I will need to update my BIOS to support the CPU and utilize the re-sizable bar features but currently the only BIOS available is listed as beta.

CPU is likely a month out, and using the 3060 XC with the latest stable bios (1410) without issue. How stable are the beta bios releases or should I wait for the official release?
3 REPLIES 3

Legolas
Level 9
yes, you need 2210 to support the new Intel Core 11700K and utilie the re-sizable bar features.

There is no guarantee full functinality of the beta bios without the new Intel Core 11700K.
Sincerely,
Legolas

Legolas wrote:
yes, you need 2210 to support the new Intel Core 11700K and utilie the re-sizable bar features.

There is no guarantee full functinality of the beta bios without the new Intel Core 11700K.

Yes, its understood 2210 is required. My questions was more surrounding general stability of beta bios vs. released. There is no disclaimer or caution for using a beta bios on the download site, so I figured I would ask the community. Thanks!

jdgesmlls wrote:
Yes, its understood 2210 is required. My questions was more surrounding general stability of beta bios vs. released. There is no disclaimer or caution for using a beta bios on the download site, so I figured I would ask the community. Thanks!

Im using an 11600k - the bios 'works' but its very buggy, I am unable to change most settings from 'auto' including memory clocks, timings, vccio or vccsa volts... changing any of them results in no post.

Also unable to set manual volts and using an offset voltage on core/cache is additive so runs too many volts.