cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Maximus Xiii motherboard issues

Johnyboy
Level 7
Hi,

I have a very strange issue with my new PC Build. In one particular software application when I move the mouse curser over a menu or text the menu and text disappear. I have been in touch with the software company and they have done various tests but have not been able to identify the issue and have suggested it may be a hardware or motherboards issue. They have said it is called artificating.

My setup is Asus Rog maximus hero xiii, intel 3.6ghz 11 gen processor, 32 GB of 3200 ram, Asus Pugio11 mouse, Asus tuff gaming case, 850 watt power supply and 2 x Samsung ssd drives. at the moment i have only got the onboard graphics processor built into the intel cpu but plan to upgrade this soon.

I am running Windows 10 Pro which has all the latest updates installed.

Things I have tried

1) Mem test86 all tests passed.
2) Taking ram out one at a time and trying the software but no change to the issue.
3) Updating all drivers, firmware and bios.
4) Intel CPU diagnostics to test my new 11 gen processor CPU. All tests passed
5) Bought new mouse.

I have tried various bios settings but the issue is still there.

All bios settings have now been set to there default values so not really overclocking anything much.

can anyone please make suggestions what might cause this issue i am having as i am running out of ideas.
8 REPLIES 8

Grimpak
Level 8
doesn't feel like a hardware issue tbh. hardware issues tend up to be more.... crubstomping to the computer itself. maybe some sort of software incompatibility? antivirus? anything on the background?

kubr0
Level 7
Johnyboy wrote:
Hi,

I have been in touch with the software company and they have done various tests but have not been able to identify the issue and have suggested it may be a hardware or motherboards issue.

No offense, but someone saying that this issue might be tied to HW either knows **** about how PCs work or they just wanted to quickly get rid of you. Honestly, none of the info that you are mentioning in your post could have any effect on the behavior. As Grimpak is saying, its more likely going to be something related to programs running in the background. Got the same mobo w i9 11900, just tried hovering over a few icons in TotalCommander, everything is working flawlessly ...

What software is it actually?

blukas69
Level 7
Johnyboy wrote:
Hi,

I have a very strange issue with my new PC Build. In one particular software application when I move the mouse curser over a menu or text the menu and text disappear. I have been in touch with the software company and they have done various tests but have not been able to identify the issue and have suggested it may be a hardware or motherboards issue. They have said it is called artificating.

Im going to guess your onboard gpu on the chip. maybe to many pixels for your monitor resolution ?

blukas69 wrote:
I'm going to guess your onboard gpu on the chip. maybe to many pixels for your monitor resolution ?
Thank you for your reply and advice but I don't think it is the onboard GPU. I have tried a brand new ATI GPU from a friends PC and it still does the same thing. It is funny that it only happens in one software and nothing else. It isn't as though it is a graphics intensive software or game software programme it is a certificate form fill software only. I have tried stopping all background and antivirus software but it makes no difference at all.

Johnyboy wrote:
Thank you for your reply and advice but I don't think it is the onboard GPU. I have tried a brand new ATI GPU from a friends PC and it still does the same thing. It is funny that it only happens in one software and nothing else. It isn't as though it is a graphics intensive software or game software programme it is a certificate form fill software only. I have tried stopping all background and antivirus software but it makes no difference at all.

Only on that software, irregardless of the gpu? Software bug probably related with the configuration of your system. Certain bugs can only be replicated using certain hardware configurations.

Has it always happened? or is it recent? maybe a windows update broke your software compatibility?

iBruceypoo
Level 16
They called it Artificating? That's a bold statement. lol 😛

Wish I had some issues to discuss, my ROG board is working just fine, darn it. lolol.
Z790 Epiphenomenal Raptor Bench

ROG Z790 Apex / Intel 13900KS SP111 P121 E93 MC83
Gskill 8000 kit - TM5 stable at 8200MT/s 38 48 48 121 VDD and VDDQ 1.5v
WD_Black SN850X 1TB 7300MB/s Reads 6300MB/s Writes
LG 32in 4K IPS 32UP83A-W

Johnyboy
Level 7
Yesterday I Booted windows 10 into safe mode and enabled the windows debugging as per someone's recommendation. After running the debugging programme the issue has stopped and all is now working once again as it should. I am not really sure what it has changed but the person who recommended doing this suggested it could be either a Kernal issue or memory conflict. I am not 100 percent on this but believe what this programme does is load all the start up programmes, drivers and Kernal's ect one by one, checks for conflicts or issues and if conflicts arise remaps them to a new memory address

Johnyboy wrote:
Yesterday I Booted windows 10 into safe mode and enabled the windows debugging as per someone's recommendation. After running the debugging programme the issue has stopped and all is now working once again as it should. I am not really sure what it has changed but the person who recommended doing this suggested it could be either a Kernal issue or memory conflict. I am not 100 percent on this but believe what this programme does is load all the start up programmes, drivers and Kernal's ect one by one, checks for conflicts or issues and if conflicts arise remaps them to a new memory address

Hmm, memory conflict then. Guess the issue was all software.