cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero Z590 new 402 bios

saabguy
Level 7
Has anybody updated to the new bios yet?
I don't see any notes with the update = so I was looking for any other input before updating my system.
😄
21 REPLIES 21

i also did the update, it was updated some things takes a long time.

I first had to turn off the computer completely and only then did the updates run through.

but i can't find any improvements, when i import the old bios setting i crash a lot. I will set the BIOS to default and make the settings again.

Oh, so you did it using Flashback ? Not flashing it through bios ?

I did it in the bios but the bios is so bad i got always crashes.:mad:

Damn...
It looks like it needs more fixes and tuning. We're gonna have to wait a few more days till the final release with the CPUs i suppose.

IronAge70
Level 7
What kind of Power Supply you have got ?

Ataemonus
Level 11
That has nothing to do with anything, seriously. Seems you do not understand it's a matter of principle.
But to answer your question, Seasonic Prime TX-750.

Ataemonus wrote:
That has nothing to do with anything, seriously. Seems you do not understand it's a matter of principle.
But to answer your question, Seasonic Prime TX-750.

It actually has everything to do with it, as the inductor noise is caused by current swing and interaction of certain components. Given the huge number of power supplies, graphics cards and various other solutions on the market it is impossible to account for all scenarios. So in fact power supplies do come into it more than principle does. It's an electrical phenomenon that occasionally one has to live with.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Ataemonus
Level 11
Funny you should say that, because ... well, you're kinda missing a lot here, like the filtering that comes before those inductors 😉
Also, you are missing the part about this being a matter of principle, I mean, that you should get even without having an EE degree (which by the way, I do 😄 ). One would expect a 500 Euro motherboard to be as immune to coil whine as possible.
Either way, even if it were as you say, I posted the exact model of the PSU, now what ? Shift the blame to the PSU ?

Hello EncodeGR,

i tried a lot of things but the crashes didn't decrease. Now I have reinstalled Windows 10 and the system is stable and boots a lot faster. with the new BIOS.

Regards,
Pit

pitderbeste wrote:
Hello EncodeGR,

i tried a lot of things but the crashes didn't decrease. Now I have reinstalled Windows 10 and the system is stable and boots a lot faster. with the new BIOS.

Regards,
Pit

Hey pitderbeste,

So it's good after a fresh install, hmm interesting.
Alright then, thank you mate, i'll try the same !