cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus XIII Extreme - unknown usb device (port reset failed) - Diagnosed

Voodoo_Hoodoo
Level 7
Hi,

I've found this error can be attributed to a keyboard that has 2 USB cable connections.

In my case a corsair K70, which has a keyboard USB cable and an additional USB cable (for who knows what?).

Each time W10 loads, I get an icon in the system tray pointing to Device Manager with a USB error (as per title).

This exists on BIOS 0902 & 0707.

As soon as I unplug the second keyboard USB cable, no USB issues are present on W10 load and Device Manager has no USB warnings.

Not sure if anyone else has seen it, thought I'd post to assist anyone else & Asus in the hopes of a solution.
2 REPLIES 2

kvarq
Level 11
the second one is power USB cable, so you can connect to keyboard another device even stuff to charge, just plug the one with keyboard sign on it
Z590 boards have lots power issues, not sure if these are just bios related or even design
leave the power usb alone, don't plug it

kvarq
Level 11
the second one is power USB cable, so you can connect to keyboard another device even stuff to charge, just plug the one with keyboard sign on it
Asus Z590 boards have lots of power issues, not sure if these are just bios related or even design
leave the power USB alone, don't plug it