cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus Extreme XII Z490 - Intel Core i7 11900k - Bios 2004 MB cant power on !

mmolletit
Level 7
As iam always an early adopter, i had a rare chance to get my hands on an 11700k early and first i tried with already installed 2002 on my MB. It was very bugged, booting took 30 seconds till i saw a picture, IF i got a picture at all, trying to OC fails immediatly, couldnt alter few settings in the bios like Sync all cores to 53, as soon ive set it to 53 it revereted back to 50 automatically. My 3090rtx was powered with X16 1.1... so i decided to flash the newest firmware 2004 with bios flashback but after i saw the Updating Intel ME and the screen turned black and the mainboard switched off, its impossible to power it on again... its not starting anymore. I did flashback several times now ith 2004, always the same result. No starting of the Mainboard.

Asus, PLEASE !!! if you put something into public, test it yourself before doing so ! you make ENOUGH money on a Mainboard which was 990€. I expect quality not only in Hardware but also in the Software you put on your boards.

update: i fixed it by updating BOTH bios on the board.
18 REPLIES 18

bscool
Level 11
Actually when I think about it. Why do you need another CPU? the whole point of bios flashback is to be able to flash the bios with a cpu or ram installed. https://youtu.be/bb6h-SB6hlw?t=291

Hi, I have a Z490-F motherboard with a 10700K installed. And I installed the Beta bios version 2004 also. But I would like to revert to the bios version 1003 for testing purposes. So far it does not let me do so.

I have tried both methods of updating the bios. First method is to attach a USB and enter the bios menu. From there I go to the update bios menu and select the renamed cap file. And I get an error stating that the cap file is not correct for my motherboard platform.

Second try is through the EZ update from the latest Ai suite software offered on the Asus support site for my motherboard. I get a similar sounding error. It states that the bios image does not match the BIOS ROM currently present.

I have not tried the BIOS FLASH button on the back of my motherboard yet.

My question before I proceed is, is this by design? Thank you in advance.

Hello, friends.
I hand over my motherboard to a service center. Hope they can restore Intel ME. Thanks to my computer hardware supplier, they quickly responded to my request for help.

P.S.: Installing a Celeron CPU into the motherboard did not help, the motherboard does not start as before.
What a pity that when we buy flagship motherboards and flagship processors, we are faced with such offensive problems 😞

POSTREALITY wrote:
Hello, friends.
I hand over my motherboard to a service center. Hope they can restore Intel ME. Thanks to my computer hardware supplier, they quickly responded to my request for help.

P.S.: Installing a Celeron CPU into the motherboard did not help, the motherboard does not start as before.
What a pity that when we buy flagship motherboards and flagship processors, we are faced with such offensive problems 😞

Hi. Did you manage to fix it?

Ataemonus
Level 11
Well, in all honesty, the problem is caused by you. Once the flash failed on the primary BIOS, you should have NOT tried it on the secondary BIOS.
That is like hitting your head on the wall and then hitting again to see if you get a different result.

Also, flashing the BIOS to the EPROM flash directly is a simple job, using the proper hardware tools.

Lotzi
Level 7

Lotzi wrote:
Try Bios 2201

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17ytGDQrcpmUEnazlHGqbalW2KeKN_1un/view?usp=sharing

Nope. Does not work. The board does not start at all

Can someone of you share a full bios dump for MAXIMUS XII Extreme?
I want to reflash completly the bios from my MB

Regards,

Pin layout and jumper settings, if anyone is curious and wants to use the pins instead claps that connects directly to the bios cip(s)