cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus M13H several issues and one solution - USB Audio

sl910
Level 7
Hi,

I built my new system on last april. the computer is mainely used for Microsoft Flight simulator 2020. I was experiencing the following issues:

1. Crashes to desktop (CTD) since last may. I have tested many tricks, uninstalled several softwares that were known or supposed to conflict with MSFS, including aerosoft CRJ 500/700. But the situation worsened with time. At the end, it was almost not possible to start any flight.

2. Aida64 FPU stress test using AVX (1, 2 and 512): message "Hardware failure" and stops the test just after start. I tried to get some explainations from Noctua because I was suspectionf that my CPU cooler was not correctly installed. After sending several screenshots taken from HWinfo showing that the system was able to dissipate almost 250W while keeping the CPU case temp below 90°C, Noctua technician found that it was not necessary to re-install that coller considering that these values are very acceptable for this CPU/Cooler

3. Cinebench R23, multicore: Crash to desktop with an error message

In all cases, Windows was still "alive" with no BSOD's

After spendind so much time, I tried one very simple thing that solved all issues. In the Bios menu, I have disabled the USB audio of my Asus Maximus 13 Hero MB. Now MSFS (1.17.xx) don’t CTD at all including with long flights using the Aerosoft CRJ700. So there are three possibilities:

a-The embedded audio driver is conflicting with the audio part of my Nvidia 3090 card
b-One part if not all of the software related to the USB audio is of very buggy
c-There is a hardware issue with the audio controller of the MB

The question is: does this issue affect all Asus modern motherboards (Z590, Z490,…,…)

In my case, the turnarround is fine because I use the spekers built in my Samsung monitor, i.e. I use the Nvidia audio controller

Regards
2 REPLIES 2

Rocket_Scientis
Level 8
Seems like it's affect all ALC 4080 codec motherboards from all vendors (at least Gigabyte are affected too) and they do nothing about it.

sl910
Level 7
In my case, diseabling USB audio is not a problem because I use Nvidia sound driver (Display Port) and the screen loudspeakers. If one must use the Realtek Audion, what is the very minimun software to install in order to be able to use ONLY the digital output, SPDIF or optical.

By the way, I have also observed that another solftware provided by Asus generates many many error messages as shown by Windows events editor. It is named Asus Crate. I have disabeled it in the BIOS as well. I don't understand why the hardware companies are trying to push "pseudo-inovative" softwares. Resulting in undocumented errors, bugs and may be BSOD's

Regards

sl91