cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apex XIII bios

kvarq
Level 11
0903 is officially out
probably based on beta which has been available since a month or so, not sure if it is day & night, not having too much hope though*

I am curious when dual rank will be ok with this crappy board

plus the power stuff, endless restarts, *RBAR, USB poling rate etc...

looking fwd for the KP Z590 board, can’t wait to throw this board or hit it with a hammer, can’t RMA it since Asus warranty is not at all international, money thrown down to the toilet*
83 REPLIES 83

kvarq
Level 11
yeah, this is why I’m realizing that I made a huge mistake moving to Z590
saw lots of users with XIII and 10th struggling with RAM in general...

maybe they don’t give a damn fixing the 10th on Z590, although it’s not fair advertising these boards for 10th also
*and moving to 11th from 10th going to fewer cores in 2021 it’s not quite an option, isn’t it?

* even so, dual rank/ 2x16 gives problems on 11th also...

kvarq wrote:
yeah, this is why I’m realizing that I made a huge mistake moving to Z590
saw lots of users with XIII and 10th struggling with RAM in general...

maybe they don’t give a damn fixing the 10th on Z590, although it’s not fair advertising these boards for 10th also
*and moving to 11th from 10th going to fewer cores in 2021 it’s not quite an option, isn’t it?

* even so, dual rank/ 2x16 gives problems on 11th also...

I'm on the opinion that the i9 11900 should've been called i7 11750 tbh. I *do* have a 11900f on my apex (odd combo I know), but it was all because I didn't felt the need to OC the cpu as much as I had to OC the memory. Still, haven't work around that much with it. Work atm keeps me too busy and still seeing if there are kinks to be ironed out on the board itself.

I *did* notice changes on the memory training on the beta vs official, like, it seemed that it actually trained the memory kit I have atm. That or the memory training profiles are working now. You can access it with your 10th gen?

kvarq
Level 11
noticed something weird with the 0903 “official” bios
trying to find some SA and IO voltages for my 4000C16 2x16 kit (which on Z490 / Apex XII went down easily till 1.25/1.3V for XMP), I tried lots of values between 1.2 and even 1.5V for IO and 1.6V for SA; NOTHING helped, tried also some skew stuff, but lost my patience)... anyway, to update these voltages I had to SHUT down the computer, 5-6 restarts or more, these are not willing to update at all, current values being from the old setting

I read a lot these days threads on forums, so indeed seems that something is wrong with Bios in the end...*

kvarq wrote:
noticed something weird with the 0903 “official� bios
trying to find some SA and IO voltages for my 4000C16 2x16 kit (which on Z490 / Apex XII went down easily till 1.25/1.3V for XMP), I tried lots of values between 1.2 and even 1.5V for IO and 1.6V for SA; NOTHING helped, tried also some skew stuff, but lost my patience)... anyway, to update these voltages I had to SHUT down the computer, 5-6 restarts or more, these are not willing to update at all, current values being from the old setting

I read a lot these days threads on forums, so indeed seems that something is wrong with Bios in the end...*
I kinda noticed that. Any change that actually required a hard reset, I had to actually turn off the PSU and let it discharge, otherwise the "infinite-insta-reboot" thingy happens. Thing is, after I did that, the training did take some time, but it did something right, cuz it managed to boot nicely, and after some testing, seemed that it did got a bit more stable.

kvarq
Level 11
well, that's cute...
two bios-es have been uploaded yesterday 🙂

inside the archives files have different dates - 0902 is from 8 July, 0903 modified on 26 June, so 0902 seems the newer one - anyways when I'll get home I'll give them a try to see how they actually look (see post #3)

could be something I suggested some time ago - one is for 10th and the other for 11th?
or are these the same as the beta versions previously released or have been slightly corrected / updated? - would not the first time when they release different stuff but rename it the same 🙂

also back in January for Apex XII they issues dome bios-es, renaming every few days "beta" or not, but was in fact it was the same stuff inside, and finally they eventually removed it for good 😛
it's pretty much a mess for years, probably someone forgot to actually put the right stuff inside =))

kvarq
Level 11
well, that's cute...

inside the archives files have different dates - 0902 is from 8 July, 0903 modified on 26 June, so 0902 seems the newer one - anyways when I'll get home I'll give them a try to see how they actually look (see post #3)

could be something I suggested some time ago - one is for 10th and the other for 11th?
or are these the same as the beta versions previously released or have been slightly corrected / updated? - would not the first time when they release different stuff but rename it the same 🙂 it's pretty much a mess for years on Asusu support pages, probably someone forgot to actually put the right stuff inside the zip files =))

also back in January for Apex XII they issued dome bios-es, changing statements every few days "beta" or not, but was in fact it was the same stuff inside, and finally they eventually removed them for good 😛 2004 was good stuff for XII...

kvarq
Level 11
well, that's cute...

inside the zip files have different dates - 0902 is from 8 July, 0903 modified on 26 June, so 0902 seems the newer one - anyways when I'll get home I'll give them a try to see how they actually look (see post #3)

or are these the same as the beta versions previously released or have been slightly corrected / updated? - would not the first time when they release different stuff but rename it the same 🙂 it's pretty much a mess for years on Asusu support pages, probably someone forgot to actually put the right stuff inside the zip files =))

also back in January for Apex XII they issued dome bios-es, changing statements every few days "beta" or not, but was in fact it was the same stuff inside, and finally they eventually removed them for good 😛 2004 was good stuff for XII...

kvarq
Level 11
well, that's cute...

inside the archives, the *.cap files have different dates - 0902 seems saved on 8 July, 0903 modified on 26 June, so 0902 looks the newer one - anyways when I'll get home I'll give them a try to see how they actually look (see post #3)

or are these the same as the beta versions previously released or have been slightly corrected / updated? - would not the first time when they release different stuff but rename it the same 🙂 it's pretty much a mess for years on Asus support pages, probably someone forgot to actually put the right stuff inside the zip files =))

kvarq
Level 11
well, that's cute...

inside the archives, the *.cap files have different dates - 0902 seems saved on 8 July, 0903 modified on 26 June, so 0902 looks the newer one - I wanted to check them when I'll get home, but NVM, checked them with hex editors and the *.cap files are in the end IDENTICAL with the beta versions...
(see post #3)

first time I thought that finally it is happening what I suggested some time ago - one is for 10th and the other for 11th 🙂
or at least the beta versions previously released which have been slightly corrected / updated - would not the first time when they release different stuff but rename it the same 🙂 it's pretty much a mess for years on Asus support pages, probably someone forgot to actually put the right stuff inside the zip files =))

bscool
Level 11
I think they may have built some z590 board while working from home 😉 I have z490 Apex, z590 Apex and z590 Hero and the z590 Hero does slightly better than the z590 Apex for mem OC using 11900k. Also with 11900k in z490 Apex I could run SR b die 5033+, in z590 Apex it is done at 4800 with all the same components. Haven't tried SR in z590 Hero, might have to see if it does past 4800.

Z490 Apex is better for SR mem OC using 10th gen CPUs as I cannot get 1t working at 4533 on z590 Apex. Must be board variations because some guys really like the z590 Apex but mine not so much. Also the fact bios flashback does not update the microcode on z590 Apex is not good. But it updates the microcode on the z590 Hero I have using flashback.