cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4X pcie setting gone in Z590 bios

Zardoc
Level 10
Hi all,

As the thread mentions I don't see any setting to use 4X PCIinstead of 2X.

I'm not quite sure about the bios settings yet, but does anyone have a settings map to set optimal boot and speed for NVME drives in BIOS?

I installed on M.2_2 because as we all know M.2_1 is reserved for the 11th gen CPU, that was already mentioned in Manual.

Thanks for advice. 🙂
9 REPLIES 9

Saltgrass
Level 13
I don't have that board but there is an option in the Advanced area of the Bios, I believe. Sometimes those settings are hard to find... Maybe in some onboard device configuration..

You may have to be in the advanced setting and not the EZ type of presentation for Bios settings.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

I have 2 M.2 drives installed and they defaulted to 4x without changing a setting.

Reliantg wrote:
I have 2 M.2 drives installed and they defaulted to 4x without changing a setting.

Dumb question, but how do you know ?

Thanks

Are you using a pre-released Intel 11th Gen motherboard? As I understand, 11th Gen Asus motherboards are not available until next month.

Zardoc wrote:

Thanks

I wouldn't think the board configuration would change that much but I do notice the configuration tables don't show any of the M.2 slots running a 2x. So maybe they did take it out because the board's logic handles it or they have enough resources.

If you want me to find the setting on my system I will do that.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
I wouldn't think the board configuration would change that much but I do notice the configuration tables don't show any of the M.2 slots running a 2x. So maybe they did take it out because the board's logic handles it or they have enough resources.

If you want me to find the setting on my system I will do that.

No thanks a bunch. I will take your word for it. Sounds logical. :cool:

Zardoc wrote:

Thanks

You can check in a system monitoring app, like HWInfo64. It will tell you if it's connected at 4x and if the connection speed is right.

Saltgrass
Level 13
Have you picked up the latest Bios, 9402? You never know what might have changed..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
Have you picked up the latest Bios, 9402? You never know what might have changed..

It's not offered for the Strix Z590-A