cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690-F wake on lan - Ethernet off when pc sleeps

Armand28
Level 7
I have a Z690-f motherboard and when the PC sleeps the Ethernet shuts off and cannot wake on lan.*
I’ve set the bios to allow wake on PCIe, updated the adapter settings to ensure wake on magic packet is on and energy efficient Ethernet is off, but nothing I do seems to work. *I can wake it if I connect to Wi-Fi, which is super weird that that adapter stays on, but not the lan connection. *I’ve removed and reinstalled drivers, disabled and re-enabled the nic, I’m out of ideas. *Using Win11 pro, connecting to an ASUS axe16000 router and can wake other PCs so it’s not a port/firewall issue. The lights on the Ethernet port turn off completely and the router confirms that the pc is no longer connected at all.*
1. Does anyone have a z690-f and uses wake on lan so I know it is supposed to work?*
2. Is there any other setting I should be looking at?*

Thanks!*
2 REPLIES 2

Armand28
Level 7
Any ideas? Also do any of the ASUS folks read these boards? It would be good to know if this is a known issue or if I'm the only one having it!

Armand28 wrote:
Any ideas? Also do any of the ASUS folks read these boards? It would be good to know if this is a known issue or if I'm the only one having it!

Hi, for my understanding not all MB build in LAN able to perform WOL. Hope the following link can help.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045950/