cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z670E and 7950x

bigbeard
Level 8
I bought a 7950x and an Asus Crosshero Hero.

The motherboard seems to still be poorly supported.

Asus does not list any ram that runs 6000mhz at cl30, according to the support page of that motherboard.

I purchased an AMD expo kit rated for this speed and i get constant BSOD.

also, many 3rd party monitoring software does not work. For example, FanControl software, which is far better than the slow and clunky asus, does not detect any of my case fans. Asus fan xepert does, but it doesnt allow me to run my fans below 20%. With the other software, i was able to set my fans ot 0%.

software such and rivatuner also does not report CPU temps.

Will my AMD expo gskill kit be supported? I don't understand what is going on. Everything is a mess.
13 REPLIES 13

Sure would be nice if they had those AMD EXPO modules with usable clocks and timings in 64GB or 128GB.

Braegnok
Level 14
Everything is working on my X670E Crosshair Gene system.

The G.SKILL F5-6000J3038F16X2-TZ5N memory kit is fully stable in EXPO #1 profile,.. the Hynix SR pre-loaded profiles in BIOS also work at 6200, 6400.

EXPO #1 profile.

OP,.. enter your BIOS and load default settings,.. confirm you have current BIOS 0703 Beta Version,.. boot into Windows and confirm you have all your system drivers installed. Starting with your chipset driver: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-x670e-hero-model/helpdesk_download/

If anyone comes across this thread, I can tell you my issues were fixed. All the weird things going on were fixed by updating to the latest Beta bios.

Russt
Level 8

I have had the same issues for over 8 months now. Every bios is worse that the last. I'm over it. I'm throwing this motherboard in trash where it belongs, since I wouldn't feel ethical selling this piece of ***** to someone else.