cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270E - How to set Wlan to 5GHz?

atlanx
Level 7
Hello.

I have a ROG STRIX Z270E Mainboard with on-Board Wlan [Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A] but it only connects with 2.4Ghz instead of prefered 5Ghz.

How can i change this? ( The connection Point AVM FritzRepeater 1750E is 5Ghz ready )
3 REPLIES 3

Wodyn_Gungnir
Level 7
atlanx wrote:
Hello.

I have a ROG STRIX Z270E Mainboard with on-Board Wlan [Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A] but it only connects with 2.4Ghz instead of prefered 5Ghz.

How can i change this? ( The connection Point AVM FritzRepeater 1750E is 5Ghz ready )

I have just set up my system and I am having no issues with 5Ghz connectivity ( Netgear D6400 ). I did just up date the driver for the wireless adaptor. Sorry I am not much help what I can suggest is to update all drivers and Bios. Good luck. I did have some issues the first time I tried it but since then all fine

JustinThyme
Level 13
Are you seeing a different SSID for the 5GHz?
I had issues with different devices not connecting how I wanted to until I went into the router and renamed the SSIDs to be different. Just added 5G to the name for the 5 Ghz and 5G2 for the second one (triband router)

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

- Wlan-Driver is the newest from Asus-Website ( Wi-Fi_Driver_Win7-81-10_V1100648_V1200260.zip - Version: v11.0.0.648 )
- Bios( v1009) is still updated to the newest available from Asus-Website

- SSID : I have to use for both (2.4 and 5GHZ) the same SSID because it is a MESH-Network provided from my AVM FritzBox Router 7490 + AVM Repeater 1750E.
But I don't think that the Router has triband - so it is only one 5GHz Network (or say two because Router+Repeater).