cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xg349c - aura - usb

Crasje
Level 12
Hi,

I finally got my XG349C working after receiving a second monitor, which had the same issue as the first and it turned out my USB uplink cable was broken.

However, now I am running into the following issue:
After connecting the working USB uplink cable (and saw my monitor in armoury crate to sync AURA) I attached my Claymore to my monitor USB. Worked like a charm! Next time I started my PC my keyboard didn't work so I could not type my Windows password. I removed the keyboard USB and plugged it in on my PC. Gamed all day and never checked anything else.

This morning I started my PC and noticed the AURA was not working. Opened armoury crate and my monitor was not visible. I moved the uplink cable USB ports around on my PC, heard the windows ping of new device et voila. Armoury crate saw the monitor again.

Any suggestions on what I can do here? I have the feeling that the whole USB uplink functionality not very stable, this is 1100 euro monitor. I already have send one back, but it seems there is either a bad batch out there or I am extremely unlucky. I set my USB port to 'on during standby'.
It seems a bit silly that I can't normally use an USB port or have to unplug - plug the uplink to get it working.
Any suggestion anyone?

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉
3 REPLIES 3

Crasje
Level 12
update, this morning it was stable... still not using the USB in the back... will try that next.

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

JeffroMan
Level 9
I have the same issue concerning the Aura sync function of this monitor. Every time when I boot up the computer, the monitor's Aura lighting does not function. When I launch Armory Crate the monitor does not appear as an Aura Sync device. I then turn off the monitor then turn it back on after a couple of seconds then it appears in Armory Crate and the Aura lighting of the monitor functions normally. This work around this issue works every time. Asus, please fix.

BigJohnny
Level 13
My PG35VQ never worked from day one with synching lighting. I turned off the aura on the monitor and just leave it in a static color, not like I can see it anyhow, just a nice blue backlight and done. Shows up in armory crate but like everything else with that under developed app it doesnt work.