cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x570 crosshair viii hero issuse

Zacandneil
Level 7
hi all

so my current new rig is running a crosshair viii hero ill post full specs below

5950x
crosshair viii hero
Trident z neo 3600
strix 2080 oc
*Tested a strix 979 oc*
hi1000 psu
WD_BLACK SN850
Corsair MP600 Force Series
1000d
16+ LL120 pwm

so to speed things up basically finished my new build everything was going smooth and running fine for around 10 mins until suddenly the pc locked up i re booted and was greeted with no display but with a Q code 95 and VGA LED .

now ive done everything that been suggested and hopefully ill be getting a replacement sent out to me soon but im wondering what caused it to happen
now the manual doesn't say much other than pci bus request resources so what i have gathered ethier a pci lane has died or the pci bus has failed

has anyone else experienced this or have any other input of what this could be ?
4 REPLIES 4

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

You don't seem to have specified which GPU you were using. Have you tested it independently from the system?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

You don't seem to have specified which GPU you were using. Have you tested it independently from the system?

oh my bad I knew I missed somethingÂ*

My main gpu I tested first was a strix 2080 oc

And then second tested with strix 970 oc

Which gave the same result*

Both gpu still work in my old system *

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hard to say for sure. Come back if you're still experiencing issues with the replacement. Try using alternative modular cables to the GPU when the replacement arrives. Or if at all possible, an alternative PSU.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hard to say for sure. Come back if you're still experiencing issues with the replacement. Try using alternative modular cables to the GPU when the replacement arrives. Or if at all possible, an alternative PSU.

I mean surely it can’t be the psu ? It was running perfect while installing windows and going into bios and doing the basic thing like installing discord , that a fair point I didn’t try changing the gpu cable but what I did try is using 2 separate cables to power the gpuÂ*

It weird I’ve never had any issue with rog product before so it a
First 😅Â*